Diffstat (limited to 'lib/_emerge/AsynchronousTask.py')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/lib/_emerge/AsynchronousTask.py b/lib/_emerge/AsynchronousTask.py
index aaab7433a..c4197d468 100644
@@ -109,13 +109,13 @@ class AsynchronousTask(SlotObject):
- For cases where _start exits synchronously, this method is a
- convenient way to trigger an asynchronous call to self.wait()
- (in order to notify exit listeners), avoiding excessive event
- loop recursion (or stack overflow) that synchronous calling of
- exit listeners can cause. This method is thread-safe.
+ Subclasses call this method in order to invoke exit listeners when
+ self.returncode is set. Subclasses may override this method in order
+ to perform cleanup. The default implementation for this method simply
+ calls self.wait(), which will immediately raise an InvalidStateError
+ if the event loop is running and self.returncode is None.