summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorAndreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org>2018-05-25 22:48:36 +0200
committerAndreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org>2018-05-25 22:48:36 +0200
commitae21387202ccfdfcb25555cf9f3611e893074883 (patch)
tree2415028f645d5f5a0a469b066d55d8dc7d410660 /decisions
parentImprove 9/2010 and 10/2010 (diff)
downloadcouncil-ae21387202ccfdfcb25555cf9f3611e893074883.tar.gz
council-ae21387202ccfdfcb25555cf9f3611e893074883.tar.bz2
council-ae21387202ccfdfcb25555cf9f3611e893074883.zip
Improve 2010/11 and 2010/12
Diffstat (limited to 'decisions')
-rw-r--r--decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui34
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.bug3
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.but2
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.bux4
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.deg4
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mld12
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlf8
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mls8
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlt8
-rw-r--r--decisions/documents.tex4
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20100614.tex2
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20100726.tex4
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20101130.tex66
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20101218.tex204
14 files changed, 223 insertions, 140 deletions
diff --git a/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui b/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui
index b6bfc1d..190e924 100644
--- a/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui
+++ b/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
kile_livePreviewEnabled=false
kile_livePreviewStatusUserSpecified=true
kile_livePreviewTool=LivePreview-PDFLaTeX
-lastDocument=summary-20101026.tex
+lastDocument=summary-20101218.tex
[document-settings,item:decisions.bux]
Bookmarks=
@@ -583,15 +583,19 @@ Mode Set By User=false
Bookmarks=
Encoding=UTF-8
Highlighting=LaTeX
+Highlighting Set By User=false
Indentation Mode=
Mode=LaTeX
+Mode Set By User=false
[document-settings,item:summary-20101218.tex]
Bookmarks=
Encoding=UTF-8
Highlighting=LaTeX
+Highlighting Set By User=false
Indentation Mode=
Mode=LaTeX
+Mode Set By User=false
[document-settings,item:summary-20110111.tex]
Bookmarks=
@@ -1505,16 +1509,16 @@ open=false
order=-1
[item:summary-20101026.tex]
-open=true
+open=false
order=3
[item:summary-20101130.tex]
-open=false
-order=-1
+open=true
+order=3
[item:summary-20101218.tex]
-open=false
-order=-1
+open=true
+order=4
[item:summary-20110111.tex]
open=false
@@ -1857,11 +1861,11 @@ open=false
order=5
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.bux]
-CursorColumn=59
-CursorLine=51
+CursorColumn=23
+CursorLine=65
JumpList=
TextFolding=[]
-ViMarks=.,51,58,[,51,43,],51,58
+ViMarks=.,65,22,[,64,0,],65,22
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.ded]
CursorColumn=0
@@ -2343,15 +2347,17 @@ ViMarks=.,6,0,[,6,0,],6,0
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20101130.tex]
CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorLine=7
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+TextFolding=[]
+ViMarks=.,56,0,[,56,0,],56,0
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20101218.tex]
-CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorColumn=13
+CursorLine=45
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+TextFolding=[]
+ViMarks=.,45,13,[,45,13,],45,13
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20110111.tex]
CursorColumn=0
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.bug b/decisions/decisions.bug
index f290090..ac01d30 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.bug
+++ b/decisions/decisions.bug
@@ -50,6 +50,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{282296}}{[Future EAPI] Allow directories for use.* and package.* entries in profiles}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{287192}}{Support for license groups in ebuilds}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{303919}}{Prefer -i18n option of doman to filename language suffix\index{doman}\index{PMS}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311795}}{[Future EAPI] Allow dots in USE flag names\index{use flags!dot character}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{316401}}{Add resolution OBSOLETE\index{RESOLVED!OBSOLETE}\index{bugzilla}\index{bugs.gentoo.org}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{316403}}{Add LATER to KEYWORDS}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{316405}}{Disable resolutions LATER and REMIND\index{RESOLVED!LATER}\index{RESOLVED!REMIND}\index{bugzilla}\index{bugs.gentoo.org}}{}%
@@ -61,7 +62,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{331987}}{Merge -council and -project mailing lists\index{mailing list!gentoo-council}\index{mailing list!gentoo-project}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{341959}}{council changed the waiting period in {\textacutedbl}eclass removal policy{\textacutedbl}\index{eclasses!removal}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{344479}}{Slacker point for ferringb}{}%
-\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{349021}}{Tracker: Use flag restructuring}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{349021}}{Tracker: Use flag restructuring\index{use flags!restructuring}\index{use groups}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{354219}}{[Future EAPI] Zero-or-one-of operator for REQUIRED\_USE}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{362803}}{GLEP 48 (QA Team's Role and Purpose) update per council decision\index{project!qa}\index{GLEP!48}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{363005}}{[Future EAPI] Define src\_test to use emake (not -j1)}{}%
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.but b/decisions/decisions.but
index 0a8d580..3bc0750 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.but
+++ b/decisions/decisions.but
@@ -94,6 +94,8 @@ ciaran mcreesh: editbugs perms for PMS
Support for license groups in ebuilds
303919
Prefer -i18n option of doman to filename language suffix
+311795
+[Future EAPI] Allow dots in USE flag names
316401
Add resolution OBSOLETE
316403
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.bux b/decisions/decisions.bux
index 9414af8..2d2f9e4 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.bux
+++ b/decisions/decisions.bux
@@ -62,6 +62,8 @@ docompress;EAPI!4
USE;EAPI!5
303919
doman;PMS
+311795
+use flags!dot character
316401
RESOLVED!OBSOLETE;bugzilla;bugs.gentoo.org
316405
@@ -76,6 +78,8 @@ PV;devmanual
mailing list!gentoo-council;mailing list!gentoo-project
341959
eclasses!removal
+349021
+use flags!restructuring;use groups
362803
project!qa;GLEP!48
374931
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.deg b/decisions/decisions.deg
index 5f34157..b285f80 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.deg
+++ b/decisions/decisions.deg
@@ -70,6 +70,8 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{wired}}{Alex Alexander}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{ferrinb}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{arfrever}}{Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{jmbsvicett}}{}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{feringb}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{k_f}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{dilfridge}}{Andreas K. Hüttel}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{pinkbyte}}{Sergey Popov}{}%
@@ -147,6 +149,8 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{wired}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{ferrinb}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{arfrever}}{}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{jmbsvicett}}{}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{feringb}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{k_f}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{dilfridge}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{pinkbyte}}{https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Pinkbyte}{}%
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mld b/decisions/decisions.mld
index 645943c..bee6baa 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mld
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mld
@@ -1,6 +1,7 @@
\renewcommand{\gentoomailfrom}[1]{%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{00e02ff494857599633e2bbc30520ca3}}{{Andrew Savchenko}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287}}{{Andreas K. Huettel}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7}}{{Alex Alexander}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{03abd30d8945aa816e39b48fab8a9a62}}{{Michał Górny}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{04de886ddbaaf3b15a86aa5bde5e958e}}{{Mike Frysinger}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{05049f71afe57feda13c2f4c4adafc7c}}{{William Hubbs}}{}%
@@ -51,10 +52,12 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{2ccbe9e7dcbbe2320835ea440f4cac1e}}{{Ben de Groot}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f}}{{Fabian Groffen}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{30b46e4fd22d14a02d469ebcf63f4c8c}}{{Donnie Berkholz}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5}}{{Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46}}{{Kristian Fiskerstrand}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db}}{{Ben de Groot}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d9fcb369819a1a2d35e5f902e2c303}}{{Ulrich Mueller}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}}{{Alex Alexander}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978}}{{Ulrich Mueller}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b}}{{Torsten Veller}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}}{{Fabian Groffen}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36e31e8ccd47b158d171dbc7661e324e}}{{Donnie Berkholz}}{}%
@@ -221,6 +224,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d0fb087811fb99023aa4881f9a1b0d81}}{{Christel Dahlskjaer}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d3a4758c455fded00608e891f525d3cc}}{{Ciaran McCreesh}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d4a276a047fd155512f9b746253582b7}}{{Rich Freeman}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222}}{{Alex Alexander}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d73b4a5ba5b5c1d40b5f5b76c51fb4cd}}{{Mike Frysinger}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d7c402fb577a3d5b1707e2bdf4b0a264}}{{Donnie Berkholz}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d899dd93be2f93b85f65f47c54087806}}{{Pacho Ramos}}{}%
@@ -275,6 +279,7 @@
\renewcommand{\gentoomailsubject}[1]{%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{00e02ff494857599633e2bbc30520ca3}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287}}{{[gentoo-project] adopt {\textacutedbl}sighted pages{\textacutedbl} system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting)}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7}}{{Upcoming Council meeting - Tuesday, November 30th, 2000 UTC}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{03abd30d8945aa816e39b48fab8a9a62}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{04de886ddbaaf3b15a86aa5bde5e958e}}{{Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{05049f71afe57feda13c2f4c4adafc7c}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 11 November 2012, 19:00 UTC}}{}%
@@ -325,10 +330,12 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{2ccbe9e7dcbbe2320835ea440f4cac1e}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f}}{{ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{30b46e4fd22d14a02d469ebcf63f4c8c}}{{Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for December}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5}}{{Upcoming council meeting - Saturday, 18th of December, 1500 UTC}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46}}{{Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Items for Council Agenda, June 11}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db}}{{Re: Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d9fcb369819a1a2d35e5f902e2c303}}{{Council meeting agenda for 19 Apr 2010}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}}{{Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978}}{{Re: Upcoming council meeting - Saturday, 18th of December, 1500 UTC}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b}}{{Gentoo Council 2010\&\#x2F;2011 - Nominations are now open}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}}{{[gentoo-project] Re: ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36e31e8ccd47b158d171dbc7661e324e}}{{Gentoo Council Reminder for July 24}}{}%
@@ -495,6 +502,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d0fb087811fb99023aa4881f9a1b0d81}}{{Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d3a4758c455fded00608e891f525d3cc}}{{Re: Gentoo Council Reminder for June 11}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d4a276a047fd155512f9b746253582b7}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-06-11}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222}}{{Reminder: Council meeting tomorrow, 2010-11-30, 2000 UTC}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d73b4a5ba5b5c1d40b5f5b76c51fb4cd}}{{Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for December}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d7c402fb577a3d5b1707e2bdf4b0a264}}{{[gentoo-council] How to handle appeals}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d899dd93be2f93b85f65f47c54087806}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items}}{}%
@@ -549,6 +557,7 @@
\renewcommand{\gentoomaildate}[1]{%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{00e02ff494857599633e2bbc30520ca3}}{{Sun, 07 Feb 2016 11:15:32}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287}}{{Sun, 04 Dec 2011 00:15:32}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7}}{{Thu, 25 Nov 2010 19:20:27}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{03abd30d8945aa816e39b48fab8a9a62}}{{Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:22:11}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{04de886ddbaaf3b15a86aa5bde5e958e}}{{Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:12:46}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{05049f71afe57feda13c2f4c4adafc7c}}{{Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:02:49}}{}%
@@ -599,10 +608,12 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{2ccbe9e7dcbbe2320835ea440f4cac1e}}{{Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:36:01}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f}}{{Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:12:05}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{30b46e4fd22d14a02d469ebcf63f4c8c}}{{Thu, 11 Dec 2008 06:28:42}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5}}{{Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:33:44}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46}}{{Wed, 31 May 2017 14:45:54}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db}}{{Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:45:49}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d9fcb369819a1a2d35e5f902e2c303}}{{Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:39:47}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}}{{Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:05:00}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978}}{{Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:18:16}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b}}{{Sat, 05 Jun 2010 00:01:01}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}}{{Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:17:05}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36e31e8ccd47b158d171dbc7661e324e}}{{Tue, 22 Jul 2008 00:13:52}}{}%
@@ -769,6 +780,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d0fb087811fb99023aa4881f9a1b0d81}}{{Tue, 13 Mar 2007 02:15:59}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d3a4758c455fded00608e891f525d3cc}}{{Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:08:38}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d4a276a047fd155512f9b746253582b7}}{{Mon, 27 May 2013 21:30:54}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222}}{{Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:59:21}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d73b4a5ba5b5c1d40b5f5b76c51fb4cd}}{{Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:46:15}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d7c402fb577a3d5b1707e2bdf4b0a264}}{{Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:50:50}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{d899dd93be2f93b85f65f47c54087806}}{{Sat, 07 Mar 2015 10:28:17}}{}%
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlf b/decisions/decisions.mlf
index 23bd1fe..8358a5f 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlf
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlf
@@ -2,6 +2,8 @@
Andrew Savchenko
01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287:gentoo-project
Andreas K. Huettel
+02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7:gentoo-project
+Alex Alexander
03abd30d8945aa816e39b48fab8a9a62:gentoo-project
Michał Górny
04de886ddbaaf3b15a86aa5bde5e958e:gentoo-dev
@@ -102,6 +104,8 @@ Ben de Groot
Fabian Groffen
30b46e4fd22d14a02d469ebcf63f4c8c:gentoo-dev
Donnie Berkholz
+30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5:gentoo-project
+Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46:gentoo-project
Kristian Fiskerstrand
31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db:gentoo-dev
@@ -112,6 +116,8 @@ Ulrich Mueller
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47:gentoo-council
Alex Alexander
+3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978:gentoo-project
+Ulrich Mueller
36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b:gentoo-dev
Torsten Veller
3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
@@ -446,6 +452,8 @@ d3a4758c455fded00608e891f525d3cc:gentoo-dev
Ciaran McCreesh
d4a276a047fd155512f9b746253582b7:gentoo-project
Rich Freeman
+d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222:gentoo-project
+Alex Alexander
d73b4a5ba5b5c1d40b5f5b76c51fb4cd:gentoo-dev
Mike Frysinger
d7c402fb577a3d5b1707e2bdf4b0a264:gentoo-council
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mls b/decisions/decisions.mls
index e54f07a..08fcd4c 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mls
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mls
@@ -2,6 +2,8 @@
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287:gentoo-project
[gentoo-project] adopt "sighted pages" system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting)
+02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7:gentoo-project
+Upcoming Council meeting - Tuesday, November 30th, 2000 UTC
03abd30d8945aa816e39b48fab8a9a62:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
04de886ddbaaf3b15a86aa5bde5e958e:gentoo-dev
@@ -102,6 +104,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items
ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
30b46e4fd22d14a02d469ebcf63f4c8c:gentoo-dev
Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for December
+30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5:gentoo-project
+Upcoming council meeting - Saturday, 18th of December, 1500 UTC
311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46:gentoo-project
Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Items for Council Agenda, June 11
31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db:gentoo-dev
@@ -112,6 +116,8 @@ Council meeting agenda for 19 Apr 2010
Election for the Gentoo Council empty seat results (council200912)
33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47:gentoo-council
Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
+3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978:gentoo-project
+Re: Upcoming council meeting - Saturday, 18th of December, 1500 UTC
36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b:gentoo-dev
Gentoo Council 2010&#x2F;2011 - Nominations are now open
3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
@@ -446,6 +452,8 @@ d3a4758c455fded00608e891f525d3cc:gentoo-dev
Re: Gentoo Council Reminder for June 11
d4a276a047fd155512f9b746253582b7:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-06-11
+d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222:gentoo-project
+Reminder: Council meeting tomorrow, 2010-11-30, 2000 UTC
d73b4a5ba5b5c1d40b5f5b76c51fb4cd:gentoo-dev
Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for December
d7c402fb577a3d5b1707e2bdf4b0a264:gentoo-council
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlt b/decisions/decisions.mlt
index 63c7e13..81f309d 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlt
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlt
@@ -2,6 +2,8 @@
Sun, 07 Feb 2016 11:15:32
01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287:gentoo-project
Sun, 04 Dec 2011 00:15:32
+02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7:gentoo-project
+Thu, 25 Nov 2010 19:20:27
03abd30d8945aa816e39b48fab8a9a62:gentoo-project
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:22:11
04de886ddbaaf3b15a86aa5bde5e958e:gentoo-dev
@@ -102,6 +104,8 @@ Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:36:01
Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:12:05
30b46e4fd22d14a02d469ebcf63f4c8c:gentoo-dev
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 06:28:42
+30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5:gentoo-project
+Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:33:44
311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46:gentoo-project
Wed, 31 May 2017 14:45:54
31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db:gentoo-dev
@@ -112,6 +116,8 @@ Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:39:47
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:42:12
33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47:gentoo-council
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:05:00
+3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978:gentoo-project
+Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:18:16
36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b:gentoo-dev
Sat, 05 Jun 2010 00:01:01
3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
@@ -446,6 +452,8 @@ d3a4758c455fded00608e891f525d3cc:gentoo-dev
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:08:38
d4a276a047fd155512f9b746253582b7:gentoo-project
Mon, 27 May 2013 21:30:54
+d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222:gentoo-project
+Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:59:21
d73b4a5ba5b5c1d40b5f5b76c51fb4cd:gentoo-dev
Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:46:15
d7c402fb577a3d5b1707e2bdf4b0a264:gentoo-council
diff --git a/decisions/documents.tex b/decisions/documents.tex
index 1cfd6c2..bc7d6df 100644
--- a/decisions/documents.tex
+++ b/decisions/documents.tex
@@ -417,13 +417,13 @@ This document has been placed in the public domain.
\section{REQUIRED_USE USE state constraints}
-\label{2010-05-feringb-requireduse}
+\label{2010-05-ferringb-requireduse}
Source:
\url{
https://web.archive.org/web/20100812050720/http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/requi
red-use.html}
-\index{developer!feringb}
+\index{developer!ferringb}
\vspace*{1cm}
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20100614.tex b/decisions/summary-20100614.tex
index 15eb693..41739a2 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20100614.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20100614.tex
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@ Agenda announcement: ---
\index{REQUIRED_USE}\index{PMS}\index{EAPI!4}
Reference: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html (dead link, see
-\ref{2010-05-feringb-requireduse} for the text)
+\ref{2010-05-ferringb-requireduse} for the text)
Discussion touched the precise proposed syntax of REQUIRED_USE as well as its
relationship to PMS.
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20100726.tex b/decisions/summary-20100726.tex
index e51cd39..064eea7 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20100726.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20100726.tex
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@ unanimous vote. \dev{scarabeus} will create a news item, \dev{ssuominen} already
\index{REQUIRED_USE}\index{EAPI!4}
Reference: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html (dead link, see
-\ref{2010-05-feringb-requireduse} for the text)
+\ref{2010-05-ferringb-requireduse} for the text)
REQUIRED_USE was approved provisionally for EAPI 4 by all council members.
@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@ global scope on eclasses}
Reference: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{dee3aab5e8c840ed3fa4add9c7d74b97} and
replies
-The council voted for calling die in global scope, instead of using an invalid DEPEND. \dev{ferrinb} will prepare a patch for the devmanual; PMS will also be adapted.
+The council voted for calling die in global scope, instead of using an invalid DEPEND. \dev{ferringb} will prepare a patch for the devmanual; PMS will also be adapted.
\agendaitem{Mailing list for the council agenda}
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20101130.tex b/decisions/summary-20101130.tex
index 2c2a0eb..4c2abcb 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20101130.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20101130.tex
@@ -1,48 +1,56 @@
\summary{2010}{11}{30}
+Agenda call: \agoref{gentoo-project}{02f133c3f1ef09e5ec04f055b5cf5ba7}
-\agendaitem{future meetings}
+Agenda announcement: \agoref{gentoo-project}{d5f9f86f7f8051379cc164207bf1f222}
-We've talked [on alias] about alternating between Tuesdays and
- Saturdays, because Halcy0n can't do weekdays and Chainsaw couldn't do
- weekends.
-
- In the meeting it turned out that Chainsaw can do Saturdays,
- although the timing is really hard for ferringb.
- We decided to have our next meeting on Saturday the 18th of December,
- at 1500 UTC. jmbsvicetto will chair.
+\agendaitem{Future meetings}
+\index{council!meeting!schedule}
- We'll keep switching between Tuesdays and Saturdays for the time
- being to try and accomodate all members.
+The council members have discussed internally alternating between Tuesdays and
+Saturdays, because \dev{halcy0n} can't do weekdays and \dev{chainsaw} can't do
+weekends. During the meeting it turned out that \dev{chainsaw} can attend on
+Saturdays, although the timing is then really hard for \dev{ferringb}.
+
+The council decided to have the next meeting on Saturday the 18th of December,
+at 1500 UTC. \dev{jmbsvicetto} will chair. We'll keep switching between Tuesdays
+and Saturdays for the time being to try and accomodate all members.
\agendaitem{EAPI 4}
-\index{EAPI!4}\index{MERGING_FROM}
+\index{EAPI!4}\index{MERGING_FROM}\index{PMS}
+\index{REPLACED_VERSIONS}\index{REPLACED_BY_VERSION}
+\index{pkg_pretend}\index{EAPI!usage in ebulds}\index{EAPI!deprecation}
+
+The council agreed that the current EAPI-4_pre1 implementation is pretty good.
+Some clarifications concerning REPLACED_VERSIONS and REPLACED_BY_VERSION and the
+impact of the new pkg_pretend phase were discussed.
+\dev{ulm} will work on a PMS patch for EAPI-4. He will create a final tag, that
+will also include one extra feature, a variable called MERGING_FROM, available
+in pkg_* phases, with the following possible values: ["source","binary"].
+
+The tag will then be approved by the council, either by email or in a meeting,
+whatever is faster. Our goal is to have EAPI-4 before 2010 ends.
-The council agreed that the current EAPI-4_pre1 implementation is
- pretty good. Ulm will work on a PMS patch for EAPI-4. He will
- create a final tag, that will also include one extra feature, a var
- called MERGING_FROM, available in pkg_* phases, with the following
- possible values: ["source","binary"].
+On a related note, a discussion about deprecating EAPIs and the QA
+recommendation on which EAPI to use for new ebuilds was started.
-The tag will then be approved by the council, either by email or in a
- meeting, whatever is faster. Our goal is to have EAPI-4 before 2010
- ends.
-\agendaitem{la files removal status/progress}
+\agendaitem{Libtool archive (.la) files removal status/progress}
\index{.la files}\index{package!sys-devel/libtool}
-Nothing has happened since the last meeting. Jorge did start some ML
- threads, but there was no interest in the subject.
+Nothing has happened since the last meeting. \dev{jmbsvicett} did start some
+mailing list threads, but there was no interest in the subject.
-This needs to be done:
+The following needs to be done:
\begin{enumerate}
-\item write a doc (w/ Diego's blog as source)
-\item publish news item
-\item get portage 2.1.9 stable
-\item let devs remove la files.
+\item write documentation (with \dev{flameeyes}'s blog as source),
+\item publish a news item,
+\item get portage 2.1.9 stable, and
+\item let developers remove .la files.
\end{enumerate}
-Since no-one volunteered to do 1, we'll push it to the ML.
+Since no-one volunteered to do step 1, the topic was pushed to the mailing
+lists.
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20101218.tex b/decisions/summary-20101218.tex
index 2d780cb..71228b7 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20101218.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20101218.tex
@@ -1,128 +1,150 @@
\summary{2010}{12}{18}
+Agenda call: ---
+
+Agenda announcement: \agoref{gentoo-project}{30e33692f20e77c86977cc52e14ab9b5}
+
\agendaitem{slacking arches}
-\index{arches!slacking}
+\index{arches!slacking}\index{arches!hardware}\index{foundation}
+
+This had been proposed by \dev{scarabeus}. As he wasn't around, the remaining
+council members shifted the focus to making sure there is enough relevant
+hardware available to developers to allow arch team work and questioned whether
+emulation could help on this, at least for non core parts on a trial basis.
-This subject was proposed by scarabeus. As he wasn't around, the remaining
-council
- members shifted the focus to making sure there is enough relevant hardware available
- to developers to allow arch team work and questioned whether emulation could help
- on this, at least for non core parts on a trial basis.
+\dev{neddyseagoon} asked what hardware is needed and whether there should be a
+funding application to the Foundation. \dev{chainsaw} mentioned some hardware
+that could be used by the ppc64 team, and \dev{jmbsvicetto} noted that
+mainstream arches such as amd64 and x86 may also want to make a funding request.
- Roy (NeddySeagoon) asked what hardware is needed and whether there should be a
- funding application to the Foundation. Tony mentioned some hardware that could
- be used by the ppc64 team and Jorge noted that mainstream arches such as amd64
- and x86 may also want to make a request.
+Finally, there was a mention that if council cared about this issue, one member
+could talk to arch teams to determine the hardware requirements and that we could
+take this opportunity to consider automated test boxes and rethink the boxes for
+the weekly builds. This issue was sent back to the mailing list for further
+debate.
- Finally, there was a mention that if council cared about this issue, one member
- could talk to arch teams to determine the hardware requirements and that we could
- take this opportunity to consider automated test boxes and rethink the boxes for
- the weekly builds. This issue was sent back to the ml for further debate.
-
\agendaitem{la files removal status / progress}
\index{.la files}\index{package!sys-devel/libtool}
+\index{package!sys-apps/portage}
+\dev{jmbsvicetto} mentioned that portage-2.1.9* is now marked stable, but that
+hadn't taken care of the documentation and or submitting a news item proposal
+based on the previous proposal made by \dev{flameeyes} so far. He suggested to
+the other council members that the council could either set a deadline to get a
+news item submitted for review on the gentoo-devel mailing list after which the
+.la files removal "embargo" would be dropped or that the "embargo" could just be
+dropped immediately, dealing with the consequences afterwards.
-Jorge mentioned that portage-2.1.9* is now marked stable, but that he failed to
- take care of the documentation and or submitting a news item proposal based on
- the previous proposal made by Diego (flameeyes). He suggested the other council
- members that the council could either set a deadline to get a news item submitted
- for review in the dev ml after which the la files removal "embargo" would be
- dropped or just drop the "embargo" immediately and deal with the consequences.
-
- After some discussion there was a vote on "the council will drop the "embargo" on
- la file removal if no one submits to the dev ml a news item proposal about this
- issue before 2359 UTC next Wednesday". There were 3 yes votes and 2 no votes on
- this proposal.
+\vote{The council will drop the "embargo" on .la file removal if no one submits
+to the gentoo-devel mailing list a news item proposal about this issue before
+23:59 UTC next Wednesday.}{Passed with 3 yes votes and 2 no votes.}
\agendaitem{Arfrever's suggestions for EAPI 4}
-\index{EAPI!4}\index{pkg_required_use}\index{GLEP!55}
+\index{EAPI!4}\index{GLEP!55}
Reference: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{bec5db8373fca0271fcadf0cd55724e8}
-After some confusion caused by Jorge introducing the pkg_required_use topic
- during the discussion of this topic, the council members agreed to go over each
- of the points in Arfrever's email. Brian took the occasion to go over
-each of
- the points to finally get the discussion about them on record.
+After some confusion caused by \dev{jmbsvicetto} introducing the
+pkg_required_use topic (see next section below) here, the council members agreed
+to go over each of the points in \dev{arfrever}'s email. \dev{ferringb} took the
+occasion to go over each of the points to finally get the discussion about them
+on record.
+\index{use flags!dot character}
Problem \#1: USE flags cannot contain "." characters.
-
- Brian argued that having "." on use flags is simply an aesthetic issue. Furthermore,
- use flags are used all over the tree and this could cause backward compatibility
- issues. Thus this would provide a minor gain, but would require much pain.
-
- Even though the council members agree that it would be possible to find ways to allow
- for the use of "." in use flags and that the change itself would be welcome, they
- agreed that this should only be addressed as part of a major restructuring of use
- flags, like the introduction of use groups. Petteri opened
-\bug{349021} for this.
-
- The council voted against the proposed solution for this problem with 5 votes no.
-
-Problem \#2: Files in profiles cannot use features from newer EAPIs.
- Brian argued that Arfrever's proposal for "-\$\{EAPI\}"
-extension files is a nightmare
- and that it relied on developers to get things right across multiple eapi versions.
- Jorge and Alex argued that this proposal is another variation of GLEP55 and that
- they have expressed their dislike for it before.
+\dev{ferringb} argued that having "." on use flags is simply an aesthetic issue.
+Furthermore, use flags are used all over the tree and this could cause backward
+compatibility issues. Thus this would provide a minor gain, but would require
+much pain.
- The council voted against both proposed solutions for this problem with 5 votes no
- for the 1st solution and 4 votes no and 1 defer to ml for the 2nd solution.
+Even though the council members agree that it would be possible to find ways to
+allow for the use of "." in use flags and that the change itself, as tracked in
+\bug{311795}, would be welcome, they agreed that this should only be addressed
+as part of a major restructuring of use flags, like the introduction of use
+groups.\footnote{Does anyone remember what ``use groups'' were supposed to be?}
+\dev{betelgeuse} opened \bug{349021} for this.
- During this discussion there was a "detour" into the issue of migrating the EAPI of
- the base profiles, moving trouble files like package.mask to real profiles and how
- to ensure a clean upgrade path for old installs. Alex talked about an automated
- incremental process with switches of rsync sources over time and Brian mentioned the
- use of repository format markers. This discussion was pushed back to the ml.
+The council voted against the proposed solution for this problem with 5 no
+votes.
-Problem \#3: repoman doesn't allow stable packages to have optional
-dependencies on unstable
- packages (usually until these packages are stabilized).
-
- Brian argued that both proposed solutions for this problem would cause a maintenance
- "hell" and would have a noticeable repoman run-time impact. Petteri noted he saw a
- problem needing a solution in here and Jorge argued that the solutions presented need
- a debate but that they are not tied to the presented problem.
-
- During the discussion Petteri asked about a 3rd option, unstable use flags, and Jorge
- argued that the separate profiles for stable / unstable tree could make sense if we got
- back to the idea of moving KEYWORDS out of ebuilds.
-
- In the end the council voted with 5 no votes for both solutions presented in point 3
- to be part of the EAPI-4 specification.
+Problem \#2: Files in profiles cannot use features from newer EAPIs.
+\index{EAPI suffix}\index{EAPI!usage in profiles}
+
+\dev{ferringb} argued that \dev{arfrever}'s proposal for "-\$\{EAPI\}" extension
+files in the profiles is a nightmare and that it relied on developers to get
+things right across multiple EAPI versions. \dev{jmbsvicetto} and \dev{wired}
+argued that this proposal is another variation of \glep{55} and that they have
+expressed their dislike for it before.
+
+The council voted against "-\$\{EAPI\}" extension files in the profiles with 5
+no votes.
+
+The proposal to create new profiles using EAPI="4", remove all older profiles
+from profiles.desc so that repoman doesn't check them anymore, and deprecate the
+older profiles was also defeated with 4 no votes and 1 vote to defer to the
+mailing list.
+
+During this discussion there was a "detour" into the issue of migrating the EAPI
+of the base profiles, moving trouble files like package.mask to real profiles
+and how to ensure a clean upgrade path for old installs. \dev{wired} talked
+about an automated incremental process with switches of rsync sources over time
+and \dev{ferringb} mentioned the use of repository format markers. This
+discussion was pushed back to the mailing list.
+
+Problem \#3: repoman does not allow stable packages to have optional
+dependencies on unstable packages (usually until these packages are stabilized).
+\index{use.unsatisfiable}\index{package.use.unsatisfiable}
+\index{profiles!per stable status}
+
+\dev{ferringb} argued that both proposed solutions for this problem would cause a
+maintenance "hell" and would have a noticeable repoman run-time impact.
+\dev{betelgeuse} noted he saw a problem needing a solution in here, and
+\dev{jmbsvicetto} argued that the solutions presented need a debate but that
+they are not tied to the presented problem of python versions.
+
+\index{use flags!unstable}\index{optional dependencies}
+During the discussion \dev{betelgeuse} asked about a third option, unstable use
+flags, and \dev{jmbsvicetto} argued that separate profiles for stable / unstable
+tree could make sense if we got back to the idea of moving KEYWORDS out of
+ebuilds.
+
+In the end the council voted with 5 no votes for both solutions presented in
+point 3 to be part of the EAPI-4 specification.
\agendaitem{pkg_required_use}
-\index{pkg_required_use}
+\index{pkg_required_use}\index{REQUIRED_USE}
+Reference: \agoref{gentoo-project}{3463900fd31abf9894c4c07e1a4a9978}
- After a first attempt to discuss this during the previous point, the council addressed this
- issue after Ulrich (ulm) recalled he requested it to be added to the topic, which Jorge forgot
- to do.
-
- Following some debate about this issue, including requested feedback from both Zac (zmedico)
- and Brian, the council voted on having EAPI-4 introduce a pkg_required_use function to be
- called by the PM when it can't fulfill the required_use constraints with 4 no votes and 1
- yes vote. The council members accepted having an EAPI-4.1 with pkg_required_use if / when
- there is a need for it in the tree.
+After a first attempt to discuss this during the previous point, the council
+addressed this issue after \dev{ulm} recalled he requested it to be added to the
+agenda, which \dev{jmbsvicetto} forgot to do.
- The council also expressed the desire to get a final vote on EAPI-4 before the end of the
- year. Petteri will propose a schedule to get EAPI-4 voted through email.
+Following some debate about this issue, including requested feedback from both
+\dev{zmedico} and \dev{ferringb}, the council voted on having EAPI-4 introduce a
+pkg_required_use function to be called by the PM when it can't fulfill the
+REQUIRED_USE constraints with 4 no votes and 1 yes vote. The council members
+accepted having an EAPI-4.1 with pkg_required_use if / when there is a need for
+it in the tree.
+
+The council also expressed the desire to get a final vote on EAPI-4 before the
+end of the year. \dev{betelgeuse} will propose a schedule to get EAPI-4 voted
+through email.
\agendaitem{Open bugs}
-
- As the meeting lasted over 2 hours, the productivity was becoming low and Petteri had to
- leave, the review of the open bugs was pushed for next meeting.
+
+As the meeting lasted over 2 hours, the productivity was becoming low, and
+\dev{betelgeuse} had to leave, the review of the open bugs was pushed to the
+next meeting.
-
-\agendaitem{Open floor - listen to the community}
+\agendaitem{Open floor}
-No issue was brought to the attention of the council at this meeting.
+No items were brought to the attention of the council at this meeting.