summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorAndreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org>2017-03-26 15:18:34 +0200
committerAndreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org>2017-03-26 15:18:34 +0200
commitcd070fa273a1880c8dbef50019cbe55fb80e3d99 (patch)
tree88fcbd1fbd1c3b952d813264a23fe29535ba8671 /decisions
parentIndex 2007/1 to 2007/5 (diff)
downloadcouncil-cd070fa273a1880c8dbef50019cbe55fb80e3d99.tar.gz
council-cd070fa273a1880c8dbef50019cbe55fb80e3d99.tar.bz2
council-cd070fa273a1880c8dbef50019cbe55fb80e3d99.zip
Index rest of 2011
Diffstat (limited to 'decisions')
-rw-r--r--decisions/.gitignore1
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.but4
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.bux10
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlf10
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mls10
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlt10
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.tex10
-rw-r--r--decisions/notes-projects.tex0
-rw-r--r--decisions/notes-treepolicies.tex0
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20110809.tex84
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20110913.tex92
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20111011.tex44
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20111108.tex51
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20111213.tex83
14 files changed, 408 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/decisions/.gitignore b/decisions/.gitignore
index 69bc1b4..5f50db6 100644
--- a/decisions/.gitignore
+++ b/decisions/.gitignore
@@ -12,4 +12,5 @@ decisions.mld
decisions.mlr
decisions.glr
summary-*.aux
+notes-*.aux
*.backup
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.but b/decisions/decisions.but
index 5c86ad0..30b5096 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.but
+++ b/decisions/decisions.but
@@ -54,6 +54,8 @@ Disable resolutions LATER and REMIND
[Future EAPI]: BDEPEND (HDEPEND) for classifying build time dependencies as CBUILD or CHOST ones
322049
use_with 3 arg specification differs in portage for $3=''
+330361
+Remove dev-lang/python-3 from autobuilt stages
331921
Clarify what PV represents in devmanual
331987
@@ -70,6 +72,8 @@ Tracker: Use flag restructuring
GLEP 48 (QA Team's Role and Purpose) update per council decision
363005
[Future EAPI] Define src_test to use emake (not -j1)
+374931
+GSoC 2011 - Rails hosting for Council web app
379497
econf: auto append --disable-silent-rules
382963
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.bux b/decisions/decisions.bux
index 09c1fb7..49ec564 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.bux
+++ b/decisions/decisions.bux
@@ -30,10 +30,20 @@ RESOLVED!OBSOLETE;bugzilla;bugs.gentoo.org
RESOLVED!LATER;RESOLVED!REMIND;bugzilla;bugs.gentoo.org
322049
use_with
+330361
+package!dev-lang/python;stages;project!releng
331921
PV;devmanual
331987
mailing list!gentoo-council;mailing list!gentoo-project
+341959
+eclasses!removal policy
+362803
+project!qa;GLEP!48
+374931
+council!web app
+383467
+council!election;project!elections
565566
ChangeLog files!sort order
565700
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlf b/decisions/decisions.mlf
index 4a30c8d..1bc97d8 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlf
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlf
@@ -24,6 +24,8 @@ Raymond Jennings
Michał Górny
217c67d53b7d8240ff9fecabd29f8303:gentoo-pms
Ulrich Mueller
+2342bd1cad57e432a319c55e3ef7e6df:gentoo-dev
+Michał Górny
2677e155e8c903e6cc9857021c12bb31:gentoo-council
Piotr Jaroszyński
280f7cb2193f8f3302a556d70d75ac47:gentoo-project
@@ -34,6 +36,8 @@ Ben de Groot
Ben de Groot
2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f:gentoo-dev
Fabian Groffen
+3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
+Fabian Groffen
3806fe4e42dc8ce013e247a081e3d4a0:gentoo-project
Denis Dupeyron
3a319600f3dc2dc42703a710155b2882:gentoo-project
@@ -60,6 +64,8 @@ Pacho Ramos
Matthew Thode
50dbe189dd2641d5730f08944e7fa7ce:gentoo-project
Anthony G. Basile
+5471f2db793e7fe9f50038fb23258c66:gentoo-project
+Theo Chatzimichos
561ed4b5e0fa94eb1d4375693614aab1:gentoo-project
Patrick McLean
5a3e7a62abc3f6f529cbb18d85f2fbcf:gentoo-project
@@ -88,6 +94,8 @@ Michał Górny
Ulrich Mueller
69ed522b3b53de90e616267a77441012:gentoo-project
Michał Górny
+6cad9409772fa44415e84005ff922145:gentoo-council
+Ulrich Mueller
6db80f9a66d80a3c4ec0480690ce77e4:gentoo-project
Michael Palimaka
70451197c3109e61ddd27e14a7bf89fa:gentoo-project
@@ -184,6 +192,8 @@ ef7635aa655913f2386e64e385f5a6ae:gentoo-pms
Ulrich Mueller
effdb2474965825fdfc06d0276e3318d:gentoo-project
Michał Górny
+f0e61e95ea9027d7c937e5ae956adb0d:gentoo-project
+Fabian Groffen
f595f9fef4bce02c875e980ec5d21841:gentoo-project
Michał Górny
f78e316074897a604842fe13d2860be6:gentoo-project
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mls b/decisions/decisions.mls
index b6fde09..4cc2a17 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mls
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mls
@@ -24,6 +24,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
217c67d53b7d8240ff9fecabd29f8303:gentoo-pms
[gentoo-pms] Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Shall econf append its arguments to end of .&#x2F;configure invocation?
+2342bd1cad57e432a319c55e3ef7e6df:gentoo-dev
+[gentoo-dev] RFC: an eclass to handle optional runtime depends
2677e155e8c903e6cc9857021c12bb31:gentoo-council
[gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
280f7cb2193f8f3302a556d70d75ac47:gentoo-project
@@ -34,6 +36,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items
2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
+3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
+[gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
3806fe4e42dc8ce013e247a081e3d4a0:gentoo-project
[gentoo-project] Re: [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead?
3a319600f3dc2dc42703a710155b2882:gentoo-project
@@ -60,6 +64,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
50dbe189dd2641d5730f08944e7fa7ce:gentoo-project
[gentoo-project] Gentoo Council: agenda for June 12 meeting
+5471f2db793e7fe9f50038fb23258c66:gentoo-project
+[gentoo-project] gentoo&#x2F;user and gentoo&#x2F;contributor cloaks
561ed4b5e0fa94eb1d4375693614aab1:gentoo-project
[gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
5a3e7a62abc3f6f529cbb18d85f2fbcf:gentoo-project
@@ -88,6 +94,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-dev] Council Council: call for agenda items for June 12 meeting
Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: Python ABIFLAGS rebuild needed
69ed522b3b53de90e616267a77441012:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
+6cad9409772fa44415e84005ff922145:gentoo-council
+[gentoo-council] Re: Meeting chair
6db80f9a66d80a3c4ec0480690ce77e4:gentoo-project
[gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
70451197c3109e61ddd27e14a7bf89fa:gentoo-project
@@ -184,6 +192,8 @@ ef7635aa655913f2386e64e385f5a6ae:gentoo-pms
[gentoo-pms] EAPI specification in ebuilds
effdb2474965825fdfc06d0276e3318d:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-12-13
+f0e61e95ea9027d7c937e5ae956adb0d:gentoo-project
+[gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
f595f9fef4bce02c875e980ec5d21841:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
f78e316074897a604842fe13d2860be6:gentoo-project
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlt b/decisions/decisions.mlt
index a41e409..903126c 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlt
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlt
@@ -24,6 +24,8 @@ Sun, 30 Oct 2016 21:23:42
Sun, 04 Oct 2015 11:14:08
217c67d53b7d8240ff9fecabd29f8303:gentoo-pms
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:04:05
+2342bd1cad57e432a319c55e3ef7e6df:gentoo-dev
+Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:26:56
2677e155e8c903e6cc9857021c12bb31:gentoo-council
Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:02:32
280f7cb2193f8f3302a556d70d75ac47:gentoo-project
@@ -34,6 +36,8 @@ Sun, 15 Feb 2015 02:57:53
Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:36:01
2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f:gentoo-dev
Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:12:05
+3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
+Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:17:05
3806fe4e42dc8ce013e247a081e3d4a0:gentoo-project
Fri, 14 May 2010 22:45:30
3a319600f3dc2dc42703a710155b2882:gentoo-project
@@ -60,6 +64,8 @@ Sat, 07 Mar 2015 10:32:46
Sun, 30 Oct 2016 23:15:20
50dbe189dd2641d5730f08944e7fa7ce:gentoo-project
Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:08:28
+5471f2db793e7fe9f50038fb23258c66:gentoo-project
+Wed, 13 Jul 2011 02:15:01
561ed4b5e0fa94eb1d4375693614aab1:gentoo-project
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 22:59:43
5a3e7a62abc3f6f529cbb18d85f2fbcf:gentoo-project
@@ -88,6 +94,8 @@ Fri, 03 Jun 2016 14:06:45
Fri, 11 Dec 2015 23:48:15
69ed522b3b53de90e616267a77441012:gentoo-project
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 22:22:24
+6cad9409772fa44415e84005ff922145:gentoo-council
+Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:03:40
6db80f9a66d80a3c4ec0480690ce77e4:gentoo-project
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:40:50
70451197c3109e61ddd27e14a7bf89fa:gentoo-project
@@ -184,6 +192,8 @@ ef7635aa655913f2386e64e385f5a6ae:gentoo-pms
Fri, 06 Apr 2012 07:40:32
effdb2474965825fdfc06d0276e3318d:gentoo-project
Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:20:46
+f0e61e95ea9027d7c937e5ae956adb0d:gentoo-project
+Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:48:31
f595f9fef4bce02c875e980ec5d21841:gentoo-project
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 05:48:24
f78e316074897a604842fe13d2860be6:gentoo-project
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.tex b/decisions/decisions.tex
index 11d95d8..36c6039 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.tex
+++ b/decisions/decisions.tex
@@ -224,8 +224,14 @@ All summaries have been added here.
Council members: betelgeuse, chainsaw, dberkholz, grobian, hwoarang,
jmbsvicetto, ulm
-\include{summary-20110715}
+All summaries have been added here.
+\include{summary-20110715}
+\include{summary-20110809}
+\include{summary-20110913}
+\include{summary-20111011}
+\include{summary-20111108}
+\include{summary-20111213}
\include{summary-20120110}
\include{summary-20120214}
\include{summary-20120313}
@@ -324,7 +330,9 @@ All summaries have been added here.
\part{Topic notes}
+\include{notes-projects}
+\include{notes-treepolicies}
\end{document}
diff --git a/decisions/notes-projects.tex b/decisions/notes-projects.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..e69de29
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/notes-projects.tex
diff --git a/decisions/notes-treepolicies.tex b/decisions/notes-treepolicies.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..e69de29
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/notes-treepolicies.tex
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20110809.tex b/decisions/summary-20110809.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..326ea67
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/summary-20110809.tex
@@ -0,0 +1,84 @@
+
+\summary{2011}{8}{9}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Required advance notice for council meetings}
+\index{council!meeting process}
+
+\vote{7 days vs 2 days}{Result: 1-week notice is required}
+
+\vote{If 7 days notice is required: can the agenda be sent with only 2-day
+notice?}{Draft agendas should also be sent 1 week in advance}
+
+
+\agendaitem{ChangeLog autogeneration}
+\index{ChangeLog!autogeneration}\index{ChangeLog}
+
+Reference: \agoref{gentoo-project}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}
+
+Previous council already voted for autogeneration (20110608)
+
+\vote{Should we allow filtering of which commits show up?}{No filtering, on a
+4-3 vote}
+
+\vote{Retroactively change existing entries, yes or no.}{We will append to
+changelogs and retain all existing changelog messages.}
+
+We may need to return to this when the git migration is ready.
+ Current changelog messages will be old by then, so they won't be
+ as interesting anymore, and people should have adjusted.
+
+Do we need a way to edit autogenerated changelogs to fix typos,
+ etc? Should there be a backing store to overwrite messages?
+ jmbsvicetto will reopen discussion about this.
+
+
+\agendaitem{IRC cloaks: gentoo/user/cloaks}
+\index{IRC cloaks!gentoo/user}
+
+Reference: \agoref{gentoo-project}{5471f2db793e7fe9f50038fb23258c66}
+
+\vote{Should we delegate this to devrel and userrel to work out?}{No decision
+was reached. Opinions were mixed on whether
+ council should be involved, whether it fell under devrel or
+ whether Freenode group contacts were even connected to devrel.
+ Further discussion on lists might help clarify how things should work.}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Use of the gentoo-council mailing list}
+\index{mailing list!gentoo-council}
+
+Reference: \agoref{gentoo-council}{6cad9409772fa44415e84005ff922145}
+
+\vote{Should the -council mailing list again be used for discussion
+ of council agenda items?}{No. -dev, -project, and the council alias is
+enough.}
+
+Update the -council list bug to indicate that the list should be closed.
+
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open bugs with council involvement}
+
+---
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open floor - listen to the community}
+
+---
+
+
+\agendaitem{Items proposed but not on the agenda}
+\index{runtime dependencies!optional}
+
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+ Optional runtime dependencies,
+ \agoref{gentoo-dev}{2342bd1cad57e432a319c55e3ef7e6df}:
+ What is the decision to be made? If none, it's not on the agenda
+ \item
+ Council terms: overlapping 2-year terms,
+ \agoref{gentoo-project}{f0e61e95ea9027d7c937e5ae956adb0d}:
+ Requires a full developer vote on changes to \glep{39} so council
+ approval is not relevant
+\end{itemize}
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20110913.tex b/decisions/summary-20110913.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..09d4a92
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/summary-20110913.tex
@@ -0,0 +1,92 @@
+
+\summary{2011}{9}{13}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Vote on whether to make Manifest signing mandatory}
+\index{Manifest!signing}
+
+The council didn't address this point in the meeting as there was no
+concrete proposal
+ to be discussed / voted by the council. Some council members addressed this issue in the
+ \#gentoo-council channel with Patrick before the meeting.
+
+
+\agendaitem{Review open bugs with council involvement}
+
+ After an initial confusion about the number of open bugs, the council addressed the 9
+ open bugs.
+
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+ \bug{331987}:
+ The council agreed with infra's suggestion to do an SMTP level bounce for mails directed
+ to the council ml. Tony will ask infra to provide the number of users affected, so the
+ council can reply to the 2nd question on comment \#9.
+ \item
+ \bug{341959}:
+ Council members agreed that this bug is fixed and decided Markos will ask Torsten if he's
+ ok with the bug being closed.
+ \item
+ \bug{362803}:
+ Jorge acknowledged he forgot to update the xml file and will ask Torsten if he wants to
+ take care of the bug or he'll take care of it.
+ \item
+ \bug{374931}:
+ Everyone agreed this bug should be closed as the council webapp is already running.
+ Petteri will take care of this.
+ To help test the council webapp, Markos will try to use it for the next meeting.
+ \item
+ \bug{234706}:
+ Tony argued that since this bug lost its champion and that the affected arches
+ seem to be responsive again, the bug should be closed as OBSOLETE. The other
+ members agreed.
+ \item
+ \bug{234711}:
+ The council members decided to close this bug as OBSOLETE since it depends on
+ GLEP 55 which was not accepted.
+ \item
+ \bug{237381}:
+ Donnie explained that he added a section to the council page following this
+ request. Other members agreed that section was clear enough and that the bug
+ should be closed as fixed.
+ \item
+ \bug{316401}:
+ The council considers this bug to be resolved from council side and Petteri
+ will ask Christian about closing it.
+ \item
+ \bug{330361}:
+ Jorge addressed Fabian's question and explained that the current automatic
+ builds are working correctly and that python2 is set as default on stage3.
+ Jorge also explained that this bug is about not having python3 in the stages
+ and that his and releng opinion about that was presented clearly in the bug.
+ The council members agreed that council should not be involved on this bug
+ and decided to reassign the bug to releng and defer to their decision.
+\end{itemize}
+
+
+\agendaitem{ChangeLog generation}
+\index{ChangeLog!generation}
+
+ Before the meeting started, Donnie suggested we used any remaining time to
+ go over one issue that had remained from the previous meeting: should we
+ require that autogenerated changelogs have a way to edit them afterwards to
+ fix typos and such.
+
+ After a discussion about whether the council could vote on this issue or not,
+ there was a discussion about what was being voted on.
+
+ Jorge argued that as he recalled this issue had been considered "obsolete"
+ as the decisions in the previous meeting implied the existence of a file.
+ Fabian argued that even though that was his understanding at the meeting, after
+ rethinking about it, he thought it would be possible not to have a file. He
+ also acknowledged that he believed the intention had been to have a file.
+ In the end, given some open questions and nearing the end of the meeting, the
+ council decided to move this discussion back to the mls - Markos will start
+ a new thread, independent from the current git discussion, well before the
+ next meeting.
+
+
+\agendaitem{Listen to the community}
+
+No issues were brought up to the council by the community.
+
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20111011.tex b/decisions/summary-20111011.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..fff3dd5
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/summary-20111011.tex
@@ -0,0 +1,44 @@
+
+\summary{2011}{10}{11}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Editing generated ChangeLogs}
+\index{ChangeLog!editing}
+
+\vote{Vote on whether we want to edit generated ChangeLogs and the
+ abstract implementation that was decided}{The council decided to allow
+edits on ChangeLogs. The implementation
+ will be discussed with the portage developers.}
+
+
+\agendaitem{EAPI 1 in profiles}
+\index{EAPI!1}\index{EAPI!1!in profiles}
+
+The council decided to allow EAPI-1 in profiles
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open bugs}
+
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+ \bug{316401}: No progress since last month. idl0r agreed to take care
+ of it.
+ \item
+ \bug{331987}: No progress since last month. antarus provided the
+ subscriber numbers for gentoo-project and gentoo-council mailing lists.
+ 54 subscribers found to be only subscribed in gentoo-council but not in
+ gentoo-project. The council decided to move these subscribers to
+ gentoo-project and send them a message informing them how to
+ remove themselves from the new gentoo-project mailing list.
+ \item
+ \bug{341959}: No progress. hwoarang agreed to talk to tove about
+ that and sort it out.
+ \item
+ \bug{383467}: jmbsvicetto will take care of that on behalf of the
+ elections team.
+\end{itemize}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open floor - Discussion}
+
+ No issues were brought up to the council by the community.
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20111108.tex b/decisions/summary-20111108.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..7de4207
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/summary-20111108.tex
@@ -0,0 +1,51 @@
+
+\summary{2011}{11}{8}
+
+
+\agendaitem{ChangeLog and commit messages}
+\index{ChangeLog}
+
+\vote{Do we require identical ChangeLog entries and commit
+messages?}{The Council agreed that developers are free to use different messages
+for ChangeLog and commit, but they are responsible for the messages,
+and the Council still expects appropriate messages to be used.
+--- \url{http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/misc-files/changelog/}}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Eclasses policy}
+\index{eclasses!API changes}
+
+\vote{Are developers allowed to remove functions from
+eclasses, or change the API in general?}{
+The Council agreed that the following wording shall be added to the
+eclass writing guide in the devmanual:
+\begin{quote}
+ "When removing a function or changing the API of an eclass, make
+ sure that it doesn't break any ebuilds in the tree, and post a
+ notice to gentoo-dev at least 30 days in advance, preferably with
+ a patch included."
+\end{quote}}
+
+Actions:
+\begin{itemize}
+\item Provide a patch for the devmanual (betelgeuse).
+\item Start a discussion on the mailing lists on how to deal with eclass
+ APIs in general (grobian).
+\end{itemize}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open bugs with Council involvement}
+
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+ \bug{331987}: No progress since last month.
+Action: Inform Infra about last month's Council decision (jmbsvicetto).
+ \item
+ \bug{341959}: No progress since last month.
+Action: hwoarang will talk to tove and sort it out.
+\end{itemize}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open floor}
+
+No issues were brought up to the council by the community.
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20111213.tex b/decisions/summary-20111213.tex
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..212fe06
--- /dev/null
+++ b/decisions/summary-20111213.tex
@@ -0,0 +1,83 @@
+
+\summary{2011}{12}{13}
+
+
+\agendaitem{"Sighted pages" in the Gentoo wiki}
+\index{wiki.gentoo.org}\index{project!wiki}\index{sighted pages}
+
+Reference: \agoref{gentoo-project}{01e478ad89a5a27ff42471ba37fba287}
+
+Is this a council issue at the moment?
+
+The Council aggreed unanimously that this is not an issue for the
+Council at the moment. The issue not yet clear, which makes it hard to
+form an opinion on the subject, which is believed to be more of an issue
+of the wiki team.
+
+The Council advises to take up the issue with the wiki team. For this
+case, it seems that the Council should only get involved through the
+normal escalation procedures, as last resort.
+
+In a side remark, the Council suggests using the term "reviewed pages",
+which seems to express more clearly what the pages are about.
+
+
+\agendaitem{Quiet build default in Portage}
+\index{package!sys-apps/portage}\index{quiet build}
+
+Reference: \agoref{gentoo-project}{4e282bb4e6ac2611de2a39171a803c48}
+
+Should the quiet default get reverted before affected
+Portage versions get stabilised?
+
+The Council agreed that quiet-build behaviour of Portage should be made
+an opt-in for existing installs (chainsaw, jmbsvicetto, grobian). The
+suggested implementation for this is by reverting the default of
+quiet-build.
+
+Indifferent to the value of this default for existing installs:
+dberkholz, ulm, betelgeuse.
+
+The Council agreed that quiet-build behaviour of Portage can be made the
+default for new installs (dberkholz, betelgeuse, jmbsvicetto, chainsaw,
+grobian). A possible implementation for this suggested by jmbsvicetto
+is via the stage building process (catalyst) to enable quiet-build in
+the produced make.conf.
+
+Indifferent to the value of this default for new installs: ulm.
+
+The Council likes to note that the quiet-build option in itself seems
+unknown to many, and hence leads to people searching for long how to
+change it. Some pointers to documentation may be necessary. As
+understood, a GLEP 42 news item is already planned. Another way of
+getting it better documented would be to add it commented out to
+make.conf.
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open bugs with Council involvement}
+
+There are currently no open Council bugs
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open actions from last meeting}
+
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+ eclass API change devmanual patch from meeting 20111108 (betelgeuse)
+ A patch to the devmanual was committed during this meeting.
+ \item
+ eclass API changes discussion from meeting 20111108 (grobian)
+ No progress has been made (no discussion has been opened yet).
+ \item
+ moving council elections results to the elections project space (jmbsvicetto)
+ No progress has been made (open issue is the dates of some old council
+ elections).
+\end{itemize}
+
+
+\agendaitem{Open floor}
+
+No issues were brought up.
+
+
+