summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.bux2
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.ded3
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.kilepr68
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlf14
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mls18
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlt14
-rw-r--r--decisions/documents.tex131
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20080828.tex90
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20080911.tex38
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20080925.tex49
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20081023.tex29
11 files changed, 311 insertions, 145 deletions
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.bux b/decisions/decisions.bux
index edaf889..b27ef07 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.bux
+++ b/decisions/decisions.bux
@@ -27,7 +27,7 @@ EAPI!1
222721
package!app-shells/bash;package!sys-apps/portage;PMS;/bin/sh
232990
-package!sys-apps/portage;PMS;metadata invariance
+package!sys-apps/portage;PMS;metadata cache
234705
developer certificate
234706
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.ded b/decisions/decisions.ded
index ae53e43..5b8713c 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.ded
+++ b/decisions/decisions.ded
@@ -46,6 +46,9 @@ Daniel Drake
eroyf
Alexander Færøy
+ferringb
+Brian Harring
+
flameeyes
Diego Elio Pettenò
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Flameeyes
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.kilepr b/decisions/decisions.kilepr
index afcb398..732abc1 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.kilepr
+++ b/decisions/decisions.kilepr
@@ -4,7 +4,7 @@ img_extIsRegExp=false
img_extensions=.eps .jpg .jpeg .png .pdf .ps .fig .gif
kileprversion=2
kileversion=2.1.3
-lastDocument=decisions.bux
+lastDocument=documents.tex
masterDocument=
name=Gentoo Council Decicisions Index
pkg_extIsRegExp=false
@@ -1183,20 +1183,20 @@ order=-1
[item:decisions.bux]
archive=true
-column=48
+column=21
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=None
-line=29
+line=31
mode=
open=true
order=1
[item:decisions.ded]
archive=true
-column=0
+column=13
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=None
-line=162
+line=49
mode=
open=true
order=2
@@ -1226,7 +1226,7 @@ archive=true
column=0
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=LaTeX
-line=15
+line=16
mode=LaTeX
open=true
order=4
@@ -1618,15 +1618,15 @@ encoding=UTF-8
highlight=LaTeX
line=113
mode=LaTeX
-open=true
+open=false
order=5
[item:summary-20080828.tex]
archive=true
-column=0
+column=25
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=LaTeX
-line=0
+line=47
mode=LaTeX
open=false
order=-1
@@ -1636,27 +1636,27 @@ archive=true
column=0
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=LaTeX
-line=0
+line=43
mode=LaTeX
open=false
-order=-1
+order=5
[item:summary-20080925.tex]
archive=true
-column=0
+column=9
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=LaTeX
-line=0
+line=27
mode=LaTeX
open=false
order=-1
[item:summary-20081023.tex]
archive=true
-column=0
+column=50
encoding=UTF-8
highlight=LaTeX
-line=0
+line=31
mode=LaTeX
open=false
order=-1
@@ -2832,16 +2832,16 @@ open=false
order=-1
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.bux]
-CursorColumn=48
-CursorLine=29
+CursorColumn=21
+CursorLine=31
JumpList=
-ViMarks=.,29,47,[,28,0,],29,47
+ViMarks=.,29,42,[,29,41,],29,42
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.ded]
-CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=162
+CursorColumn=13
+CursorLine=49
JumpList=
-ViMarks=.,161,41,[,158,0,],-1,-1
+ViMarks=.,49,0,[,47,0,],49,12
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.gld]
CursorColumn=22
@@ -2857,9 +2857,9 @@ ViMarks=.,274,0,[,274,0,],274,0
[view-settings,view=0,item:documents.tex]
CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=15
+CursorLine=16
JumpList=
-ViMarks=.,8,16,[,8,16,],8,16
+ViMarks=.,4,26,[,4,26,],4,27
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20050915.tex]
CursorColumn=0
@@ -3096,28 +3096,28 @@ JumpList=
ViMarks=.,106,17,[,106,5,],106,17
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20080828.tex]
-CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorColumn=25
+CursorLine=47
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+ViMarks=.,47,25,[,47,25,],47,25
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20080911.tex]
CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorLine=43
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+ViMarks=.,40,5,[,40,6,],40,5
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20080925.tex]
-CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorColumn=9
+CursorLine=27
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+ViMarks=.,27,78,[,28,0,],-1,-1
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20081023.tex]
-CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorColumn=50
+CursorLine=31
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+ViMarks=.,31,49,[,31,14,],31,49
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20081113.tex]
CursorColumn=0
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlf b/decisions/decisions.mlf
index aac6eef..5edede0 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlf
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlf
@@ -58,6 +58,8 @@ Michał Górny
Mike Frysinger
2677e155e8c903e6cc9857021c12bb31:gentoo-council
Piotr Jaroszyński
+26d869ad968c831e4e8cc08d66a188ee:gentoo-dev
+Donnie Berkholz
280f7cb2193f8f3302a556d70d75ac47:gentoo-project
Michał Górny
29d8d713a2d94da730ee2247426174bc:gentoo-dev
@@ -138,6 +140,8 @@ Rich Freeman
Michał Górny
6196880b1c05412836850b2476aacdc1:gentoo-dev
Kumba
+619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b:gentoo-dev
+Donnie Berkholz
62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23:gentoo-dev
Fabian Groffen
637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42:gentoo-project
@@ -270,6 +274,8 @@ b69cab4b36b6b3c6e68be82df09c2d36:gentoo-project
Pacho Ramos
b6f6ca201c154cdc17f1d582497c9995:gentoo-dev
Donnie Berkholz
+b8a13279805378353df627cbb10d72cc:gentoo-dev
+Stephen Bennett
b9460b9c8d578c3498c217c17b75afd4:gentoo-dev
Ulrich Mueller
ba125098c929ea31f34051dfb009d436:gentoo-council
@@ -286,6 +292,8 @@ bd9a171d7303bf1299a4c307f7b6ddcf:gentoo-dev
Mike Frysinger
bec5db8373fca0271fcadf0cd55724e8:gentoo-dev
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
+c296090bb3e5f906afc1ef4ec26fbec1:gentoo-dev
+Donnie Berkholz
c32c17977368bc02019bc8318df40dfc:gentoo-dev
Caleb Tennis
c60f7c1514f175b8cc0d376ae9373e17:gentoo-project
@@ -340,6 +348,8 @@ e1b4a369534e30b8a64c6c6429cfe729:gentoo-dev
Mark Loeser
e4e0ee942cf7af8f47b8e3d312498be7:gentoo-project
Andreas K. Huettel
+e56a4be3a7fdfd47ce26583dd32f0f69:gentoo-dev
+Donnie Berkholz
e5c1d34313ea26aa293c9bd7a6795458:gentoo-dev
Thierry Carrez
e6eafd6be25794ca503e0ac9d6968cd3:gentoo-project
@@ -364,6 +374,8 @@ f33af80272b886304970e7eb77743718:gentoo-dev
Robin H. Johnson
f595f9fef4bce02c875e980ec5d21841:gentoo-project
Michał Górny
+f6a084b9acf5a19b38000fbfaab93733:gentoo-dev
+Donnie Berkholz
f78e316074897a604842fe13d2860be6:gentoo-project
Ulrich Mueller
f9049f5782d6b6929374d45acda0b8e7:gentoo-dev
@@ -378,6 +390,8 @@ fcb485c179be47d580fc1289dcd06d48:gentoo-dev
Mike Frysinger
fdfd519c5372394cc7f3aacaefa387b9:gentoo-dev
Donnie Berkholz
+fe14a3fbca60e1f6da6a81c6f2ad5725:gentoo-dev
+Mike Frysinger
ff4bf990cd3dbf6dd69cbac488638010:gentoo-project
Łukasz Damentko
ffe15abdb9d6fb84fcfd3d883c60521a:gentoo-dev
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mls b/decisions/decisions.mls
index bef9934..3c85b80 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mls
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mls
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 11 November 2012, 19:00 UTC
05614741b3942bfdfb21fd8ebb7955e0:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
07d1f27935fe4c5756dcebcb73e21ef2:gentoo-dev
-[gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council 2008/2009 - RESULTS
+[gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council 2008-2009 - RESULTS
09b5802cc709a77d2ae4ebed0bf58ca9:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for October
0a21c4f6829ea34214169a96cacce931:gentoo-project
@@ -58,6 +58,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
[gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
2677e155e8c903e6cc9857021c12bb31:gentoo-council
[gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
+26d869ad968c831e4e8cc08d66a188ee:gentoo-dev
+Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for September 25
280f7cb2193f8f3302a556d70d75ac47:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2015-02-10
29d8d713a2d94da730ee2247426174bc:gentoo-dev
@@ -138,6 +140,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-04-08
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
6196880b1c05412836850b2476aacdc1:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] Of Mips and Devs [Was: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January]
+619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b:gentoo-dev
+Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for September
62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Prefix: on EPREFIX, ED and EROOT inside ebuilds
637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42:gentoo-project
@@ -270,6 +274,8 @@ b69cab4b36b6b3c6e68be82df09c2d36:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
b6f6ca201c154cdc17f1d582497c9995:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
+b8a13279805378353df627cbb10d72cc:gentoo-dev
+Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
b9460b9c8d578c3498c217c17b75afd4:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] RFD: News item format 2.0
ba125098c929ea31f34051dfb009d436:gentoo-council
@@ -286,6 +292,8 @@ bd9a171d7303bf1299a4c307f7b6ddcf:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for May
bec5db8373fca0271fcadf0cd55724e8:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] Summary of suggested new features in EAPI="4"
+c296090bb3e5f906afc1ef4ec26fbec1:gentoo-dev
+[gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for October 23
c32c17977368bc02019bc8318df40dfc:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
c60f7c1514f175b8cc0d376ae9373e17:gentoo-project
@@ -340,6 +348,8 @@ e1b4a369534e30b8a64c6c6429cfe729:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for February
e4e0ee942cf7af8f47b8e3d312498be7:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
+e56a4be3a7fdfd47ce26583dd32f0f69:gentoo-dev
+[gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for September 25
e5c1d34313ea26aa293c9bd7a6795458:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] Council meeting Thursday October 13th
e6eafd6be25794ca503e0ac9d6968cd3:gentoo-project
@@ -364,6 +374,8 @@ f33af80272b886304970e7eb77743718:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] RFC - Keywording scheme
f595f9fef4bce02c875e980ec5d21841:gentoo-project
Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
+f6a084b9acf5a19b38000fbfaab93733:gentoo-dev
+[gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 28 (today)
f78e316074897a604842fe13d2860be6:gentoo-project
[gentoo-project] Re: Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-11-08
f9049f5782d6b6929374d45acda0b8e7:gentoo-dev
@@ -378,7 +390,9 @@ fcb485c179be47d580fc1289dcd06d48:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for February
fdfd519c5372394cc7f3aacaefa387b9:gentoo-dev
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: --as-needed to default LDFLAGS (Was: RFC: Should preserve-libs be enabled by default?)
+fe14a3fbca60e1f6da6a81c6f2ad5725:gentoo-dev
+[gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for September
ff4bf990cd3dbf6dd69cbac488638010:gentoo-project
-[gentoo-project] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009
+[gentoo-project] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008-2009
ffe15abdb9d6fb84fcfd3d883c60521a:gentoo-dev
[gentoo-dev] ML changes
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlt b/decisions/decisions.mlt
index 2d60f5d..b2d2247 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlt
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlt
@@ -58,6 +58,8 @@ Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:26:56
Mon, 01 Jan 2007 10:33:34
2677e155e8c903e6cc9857021c12bb31:gentoo-council
Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:02:32
+26d869ad968c831e4e8cc08d66a188ee:gentoo-dev
+Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:18:31
280f7cb2193f8f3302a556d70d75ac47:gentoo-project
Mon, 09 Feb 2015 23:49:53
29d8d713a2d94da730ee2247426174bc:gentoo-dev
@@ -138,6 +140,8 @@ Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:07:52
Mon, 31 Oct 2016 07:32:03
6196880b1c05412836850b2476aacdc1:gentoo-dev
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:07:00
+619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b:gentoo-dev
+Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:39:08
62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23:gentoo-dev
Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:44:16
637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42:gentoo-project
@@ -270,6 +274,8 @@ b69cab4b36b6b3c6e68be82df09c2d36:gentoo-project
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:06:28
b6f6ca201c154cdc17f1d582497c9995:gentoo-dev
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:01:27
+b8a13279805378353df627cbb10d72cc:gentoo-dev
+Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:29:17
b9460b9c8d578c3498c217c17b75afd4:gentoo-dev
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:13:51
ba125098c929ea31f34051dfb009d436:gentoo-council
@@ -286,6 +292,8 @@ bd9a171d7303bf1299a4c307f7b6ddcf:gentoo-dev
Thu, 01 May 2008 09:30:05
bec5db8373fca0271fcadf0cd55724e8:gentoo-dev
Sat, 18 Dec 2010 01:45:51
+c296090bb3e5f906afc1ef4ec26fbec1:gentoo-dev
+Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:36:52
c32c17977368bc02019bc8318df40dfc:gentoo-dev
Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:06:46
c60f7c1514f175b8cc0d376ae9373e17:gentoo-project
@@ -340,6 +348,8 @@ e1b4a369534e30b8a64c6c6429cfe729:gentoo-dev
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:58:08
e4e0ee942cf7af8f47b8e3d312498be7:gentoo-project
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:43:40
+e56a4be3a7fdfd47ce26583dd32f0f69:gentoo-dev
+Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:13:50
e5c1d34313ea26aa293c9bd7a6795458:gentoo-dev
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:37:55
e6eafd6be25794ca503e0ac9d6968cd3:gentoo-project
@@ -364,6 +374,8 @@ f33af80272b886304970e7eb77743718:gentoo-dev
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:22:57
f595f9fef4bce02c875e980ec5d21841:gentoo-project
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 05:48:24
+f6a084b9acf5a19b38000fbfaab93733:gentoo-dev
+Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:34:29
f78e316074897a604842fe13d2860be6:gentoo-project
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 22:14:57
f9049f5782d6b6929374d45acda0b8e7:gentoo-dev
@@ -378,6 +390,8 @@ fcb485c179be47d580fc1289dcd06d48:gentoo-dev
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:33:59
fdfd519c5372394cc7f3aacaefa387b9:gentoo-dev
Fri, 30 May 2008 22:07:49
+fe14a3fbca60e1f6da6a81c6f2ad5725:gentoo-dev
+Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:30:11
ff4bf990cd3dbf6dd69cbac488638010:gentoo-project
Thu, 05 Jun 2008 00:00:26
ffe15abdb9d6fb84fcfd3d883c60521a:gentoo-dev
diff --git a/decisions/documents.tex b/decisions/documents.tex
index faa2059..62c8cc6 100644
--- a/decisions/documents.tex
+++ b/decisions/documents.tex
@@ -2,6 +2,137 @@
\chapter{Code of Conduct}
+\section{``Code of Conduct'', Mar. 2007}
+Source:
+\url{
+https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/council/
+coc.xml?revision=1.2&view=markup}
+
+\vspace*{1cm}
+
+\begin{quote}
+This document describes Gentoo's Code of Conduct for public communication fora,
+as well as the action taken should it be broken.
+\end{quote}
+
+\subsection{Draft disclaimer}
+This document is an ongoing work, subject to growth and revision as Gentoo
+grows and changes.
+
+\subsection{Scope}
+
+\paragraph{Joining and participation agreement}
+
+Gentoo prides itself on being a community driven distribution that acts with
+the best interest of the community at heart. Rules and regulations that keep us
+all moving in a forward direction are a reality for a community of this size.
+
+This document describes Gentoo's Code of Conduct for public communication
+mediums, who shall enforce said Code of Conduct, the action taken should the
+Code of Conduct be broken, as well as the method for appeals. Questions about
+this document and its contents can be directed to the council at
+council@gentoo.org.
+
+By joining and/or participating in the Gentoo community, you are stating that
+you accept and agree to adhere to the rules listed below, even if you do not
+explicitly state so.
+
+\subsection{Behaviour and Consequences}
+
+\paragraph{Acceptable behaviour}
+
+Things that should be seen:
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+{\bf Be courteous.} Though respect is earned, it must start somewhere.
+ Respect someones right for their own opinion and acknowledge that they do
+ deserve a measure of politeness in your response.
+\item
+{\bf Give accurate information in the spirit of being helpful.}
+\item
+{\bf Respectfully disagree with or challenge other members.} The
+ operative word here is respectfully.
+\item
+{\bf Using the correct forum for your post.} Bug reports and idle
+chatter
+ do not belong on the gentoo-dev mailing list; discussion about a
+ wide-ranging change to the tree probably does not belong on Bugzilla.
+ Different fora will also have different standards of behaviour -- a joke
+ that is perfectly acceptable on IRC will be taken differently when made on a
+ mailing list.
+\item
+{\bf Admit the possibility of fault and respect different point of views.}
+ Noone is perfect -- you will get things wrong occasionally. Don't be afraid
+ to admit this. Similarly, while something may seem perfectly obvious to you,
+ others may see it differently.
+\item
+{\bf If you screw up, take responsibility for your actions.}
+\end{itemize}
+
+\paragraph{Unacceptable behaviour}
+
+Gentoo developers have come together with a common purpose, to further the
+project. Conflicts will undoubtedly arise, and though you are encouraged to work
+through issues on your own, assistance is available as requested and as needed.
+
+Deciding to suspend or ban someone isn't a decision to be taken lightly, but
+sometimes it has to happen. Below is a list of things that could result in
+disciplinary action.
+
+\begin{itemize}
+ \item
+ {\bf Flaming and trolling.} What is trolling? You are deemed to be trolling
+ if you make comments intended to provoke an angry response from others.
+What is flaming? Flaming is the act of sending or posting messages that are
+ deliberately hostile and insulting.
+\item
+{\bf Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity}
+rather than
+ to tactfully share information.
+\item
+{\bf Being judgmental, mean-spirited or insulting.} It is possible to
+ respectfully challenge someone in a way that empowers without being
+ judgemental.
+\item
+{\bf Constantly purveying misinformation} despite repeated warnings.
+\end{itemize}
+
+\paragraph{Consequences}
+
+Disciplinary action will be up to the descretion of the proctors. What is a
+proctor? A proctor is an official charged with the duty of maintaining good
+order. If discplinary measures are taken and the affected person wishes to
+appeal, appeals should be addressed to the Gentoo Council via email at
+council@gentoo.org. To prevent conflicts of interest, Council members may not
+perform the duties of a proctor.
+
+If you perceive a breach of the Code of Conduct guidelines, let the proctors
+know. Though they will also be watching many of the public mediums for any
+problems, they can not be expected to catch everything.
+
+The proctors will attempt to resolve the problem by talking to involved
+parties, potentially issuing warnings if appropriate. If the problem repeats
+itself, there are various options open to the proctors, including temporary or
+permanent suspension of a person's ability to post to mailing lists, removal of
+Bugzilla access, or in more severe cases suspension of developer privileges.
+Any action of this sort will require consensus from at least three proctors.
+
+\subsection{Summary}
+
+If you are unsure whether or not something is OK to post/comment/etc,
+assume it isn't, and reconsider whether you need to post it. Remember that posts
+made to mailing lists are archived for perpetuity, and read by far more people
+than will be actively involved in any one thread. A comment made in anger can
+have far-reaching consequences that you might not have thought about at the
+time.
+
+Remember, the moment you participate in a public discussion on Gentoo medium,
+you have made yourself a representative of the Gentoo community. We hope that
+you will not take this responsibility lightly, and will prove to be a positive
+force in it.
+
+
+
\section{``CoC enforcement proposal'', by Donnie Berkholz, Nov. 2007}
\label{2007-11-dberkholz-coc}
Source: \agoref{gentoo-council}{cbfe572adb090dfba1cc004b1cca6979}
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20080828.tex b/decisions/summary-20080828.tex
index cce8d2d..dce25b8 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20080828.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20080828.tex
@@ -1,87 +1,73 @@
\summary{2008}{8}{28}
+Agenda call: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{9b3f0e9ed1c97b033b563ea68b4d123e}
+
+Agenda announcement: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{f6a084b9acf5a19b38000fbfaab93733}
\agendaitem{Reactions to dev banned from freenode}
\index{freenode}\index{irc!ban}
-Update: none. Assume lack of interest.
+There were no updates on this topic. Assume lack of interest.
\agendaitem{Moving meetings to a location we control}
\index{council!meeting!location}
-Update: none. Assume lack of interest.
-
+There were no updates on this topic. Assume lack of interest.
-\agendaitem{Favor irc.gentoo.org alias in docs, etc}
-\index{irc.gentoo.org}
-Update: Freenode acknowledgments page thanks people for doing this, so
-the potential issue with confusion apparently isn't a large problem.
+\agendaitem{Favor irc.gentoo.org alias in documentation}
+\index{irc.gentoo.org}\index{Freenode}
-Goal: Can we decide today?
+The Freenode acknowledgments page thanks people for doing this, so the
+potential issue with confusion apparently isn't a large problem.
-Decision: Update all our pointers to IRC to use irc.gentoo.org. (But
-please mention FreeNode is our provider.)
+\vote{Update all our pointers to IRC to use irc.gentoo.org. (But
+please mention FreeNode is our provider.)}{Accepted with 7 yes votes}
\agendaitem{Fired developers}
-\index{enforced retirement}\index{irc!ban}
-
-Why aren't fired developers banned from the channels where they
-displayed this behavior?
+\index{enforced retirement}\index{irc!ban}\index{project!devrel}
-Update: For banning from those channels: halcy0n, dertobi123 (on gentoo-dev)
-No opinions from the rest of us
+Why aren't fired developers banned from the channels where they displayed
+misbehavior?
-Goal: Get yes or no on banning from the same channels. If no, ask for
-alternate suggestions if there are any. (Example: let devrel decide)
+\dev{halcy0n}, \dev{dertobi123}, \dev{lu_zero} think fired devs should be
+banned from the places where they behaved in the way that got them fired.
+\dev{dberkholz} and \dev{cardoe} think that this should be handled by devrel
+and council shouldn't set policy on it. \dev{halcy0n} later agreed with letting
+devrel address it, as did \dev{lu_zero} and \dev{betelgeuse}.
-Summary: halcy0n, dertobi123, lu_zero think fired devs should be banned
-from the places where they behaved in the way that got them fired.
-dberkholz and cardoe think that this should be handled by devrel and
-council shouldn't set policy on it. halcy0n later agreed with letting
-devrel address it, as did lu_zero and betelgeuse.
+A lengthy discussion took place whether such bans should also extend to Gentoo
+project channels.
\agendaitem{PMS as a draft standard of EAPI 0}
\index{PMS}\index{EAPI!0}
-What changes are required before this is true?
-
-Update: The main thing that needs to get figured out is conflict
+What changes are required before PMS becomes a draft standard of EAPI 0?
+$\longrightarrow$ The main thing that needs to be clarified is conflict
resolution.
-Idea: Ask portage devs \& PMS authors to develop a process that both
-groups will respect, then present it to the council for approval.
-Options include a "neutral" third party as PMS czar, having council
-decide, just trying harder to come to agreement, deciding that e.g.
-portage's choice always wins, random, etc.
-
-spb and ciaranm agree that a third party or council would work well.
-Since such a third party would probably be better invested in actually
-working on the spec, the council seems reasonable if PMS editors \& PM
-developers can't work it out.
-
-\begin{verbatim}
-20:46 < dberkholz@> zmedico, ferringb, ciaranm, spb: so you'll all agree to
- follow council decisions on conflicts you aren't able to
- resolve otherwise?
-20:46 < zmedico > dberkholz: I agree
-20:47 < ferringb > dberkholz: either way, game to attempt something different-
- what's in place doesn't particularly work imo
-20:47 < ciaranm > dberkholz: so long as the council's prepared to follow
- through with its resolutions
-20:49 < ferringb > either way, council as arbitrator flies.
-\end{verbatim}
-
-Decision: Council will vote to resolve conflicts that the PMS editors
+Idea: Ask the portage developers and PMS authors to develop a process that both
+groups will respect, then present it to the council for approval. Options
+include a "neutral" third party as PMS czar, having council decide, just trying
+harder to come to agreement, deciding that e.g. portage's choice always wins,
+random, etc.
+
+\dev{spb} and \dev{ciaranm} agreed that a third party or council would work
+well. Since such a third party would probably be better invested in actually
+working on the spec, the council seems reasonable a reasonable choice if PMS
+editors and PM developers can't work it out. \dev{zmedico} and \dev{ferringb}
+also agreed with this.
+
+Decision: The Council will vote to resolve conflicts that the PMS editors
and PM developers weren't able to resolve.
-zmedico, ferringb \& ciaranm (developers of each PM) all agree that
-having a written specification is worthwhile.
+\dev{zmedico}, \dev{ferringb}, and \dev{ciaranm} (developers of each PM) all
+agree that having a written specification is worthwhile.
Next meeting is Sept 11, and we request that everyone involved with PM
development or the spec email gentoo-dev about any issues with it.
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20080911.tex b/decisions/summary-20080911.tex
index b697bf2..c2aeb34 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20080911.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20080911.tex
@@ -1,39 +1,43 @@
\summary{2008}{9}{11}
+Agenda call: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{fe14a3fbca60e1f6da6a81c6f2ad5725}
+
+Agenda announcement: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b}
+
\agendaitem{Filling the empty slot}
\index{council!members}
Last time there was an empty slot, we voted on whether to fill the slot
with the next person from the original rankings. Let's do the same this
-time. It's Cardoe.
-
-Goal: Vote whether to approve Cardoe for the empty council slot.
+time.\footnote{\dev{flameeyes} resigned from the
+council.} The next in ranking is \dev{cardoe}.
-Result: Cardoe is a new council member.
+\vote{Approve \dev{cardoe} for the empty council slot.}{Approved. \dev{cardoe}
+is a new council member.}
\agendaitem{PMS as a draft standard of EAPI 0}
-\index{PMS}\index{EAPI!0}\index{EAPI!0!approval}
+\index{PMS}\index{EAPI!0}\index{EAPI!0!approval}\index{project!pms}
-Goal: Vote whether to approve PMS as a draft standard of EAPI 0.
+Shall PMS be approved as a draft standard of EAPI 0?
-Requirements:
+The following requirements were worked out in discussion during the meeting:
\begin{itemize}
\item
- There needs to be a PMS lead who is a Gentoo dev [calchan].
- Both cardoe \& antarus volunteered if this was needed.
+ There should be a PMS lead who is a Gentoo developer. Both \dev{cardoe} and
+ \dev{antarus} volunteered if this was needed.
\item
- Document the conflict resolution process that we agreed upon last
- week [calchan].
+ The conflict resolution process that we agreed upon last week should be
+ documented.
\item
- Document the patch acceptance process [halcy0n].
+ The patch acceptance process should be documented.
\item
- Create a public mailing list so discussions and patches aren't lost on
- the pms-bugs alias [cardoe].
+ A public mailing list should be created so discussions and patches aren't lost
+ on the pms-bugs alias.
\end{itemize}
-Result: PMS is a draft standard of EAPI 0, with acceptance conditional
-upon resolution of the above 4 requirements. They should be resolved
-within 2 weeks.
+Vote result: PMS is a draft standard of EAPI 0, with acceptance conditional
+upon resolution of the above four requirements. They should be resolved within
+two weeks.
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20080925.tex b/decisions/summary-20080925.tex
index 136fa46..92fd637 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20080925.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20080925.tex
@@ -1,50 +1,47 @@
\summary{2008}{9}{25}
+Agenda call: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{e56a4be3a7fdfd47ce26583dd32f0f69}
+
+Agenda announcement: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{26d869ad968c831e4e8cc08d66a188ee}
+
\agendaitem{EAPI 2}
\index{EAPI!2}\index{EAPI!2!approval}
-Goal: Vote on approval
-
-Requirements:
+On the procedure side, it was agreed to
\begin{itemize}
\item
- Put a generated copy (preferably HTML) in the PMS project webspace.
- People who want to refer to an EAPI=2 reference don't necessarily
+ put a generated copy (preferably HTML) in the PMS project webspace.
+ People who want to refer to an EAPI 2 reference don't necessarily
want to install all the dependencies to build it.
\item
- Let's tag the git repository something like
+ tag the git repository something like
eapi-\$EAPI-approved-\$DATE.
\end{itemize}
-
-Result: EAPI=2 is approved.
+With that in mind, EAPI 2 was approved by vote.
-\agendaitem{PROPERTIES in cache}
+\agendaitem{PROPERTIES in the metadata cache}
\index{PROPERTIES}\index{metadata cache}
-Goal: Vote: Does council need to approve cache changes?
+Does the council need to approve metadata cache content changes (i.e. changes
+to the list of cached fields)?
-Goal: Vote on approval
-
-Result: Since it's related to the EAPI, this should be another issue
-that package-manager developers resolve amongst themselves and only
-present to council if they can't agree.
-
-They agree on adding it to the cache as a value that package managers
-can ignore, so it is.
+Since it's related to the EAPI, this should be another issue that
+package-manager developers resolve amongst themselves and only present to
+council if they can't agree. The package manager developers agree on adding
+PROPERTIES to the cache as a value that package managers can ignore, so it will
+be added.
\agendaitem{PROPERTIES=interactive in ebuilds}
+\index{ebuilds!interactive}\index{PROPERTIES}
-Goal: Vote: Does council need to approve global-variable changes in
- ebuilds?
-
-Result: This is a retroactive, backwards-compatible EAPI change and thus
-is handled the same as any other EAPI change -- it requires council
-approval.
+Does the council need to approve changes of the global variables used in
+ebuilds?
-Goal: Vote on approval
+Result: This is a retroactive, backwards-compatible EAPI change and thus is
+handled the same as any other EAPI change -- it requires council approval.
-Result: PROPERTIES=interactive is approved.
+\vote{Approve PROPERTIES=interactive for use in ebuilds}{Approved.}
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20081023.tex b/decisions/summary-20081023.tex
index 98c35ea..af3c6c4 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20081023.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20081023.tex
@@ -1,32 +1,35 @@
\summary{2008}{10}{23}
+Agenda call: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{c296090bb3e5f906afc1ef4ec26fbec1}
-\agendaitem{Running through open bugs}
+\agendaitem{Running through open bugs}
+\index{project!devrel}\index{trustees}
-Process: For each bug, come up with a concrete next step and who's going
-to do it. If it's the council, a specific member should take
-responsibility. The bug should be assigned to whoever needs to take the
-next step and council@ should be in CC.
+For each bug, let's come up with a concrete next step and who's going to do it.
+If it's the council, a specific member should take responsibility. The bug
+should be assigned to whoever needs to take the next step and council@ should
+be in CC.
Bugs handled:
\begin{itemize}
\item
- \bug{185572}
- \item
- \bug{234705}
+ \bug{185572}: This is to be handled by devrel.
\item
- \bug{234706}
+ \bug{234705}: The details of the signing process shall be discussed and
+ decided by devrel and the trustees.
\item
- \bug{234708}
+ \bug{234706}, \bug{234708}: \dev{halcy0n} volunteered to come up with a policy
+ proposal based on work by \dev{rich0}.
\item
- \bug{234710}
+ \bug{234710}: We need some build testing on this. CC'ing \dev{patrick} since
+ he's already compiling stuff all the time. \dev{cardoe} will take the lead.
\item
- \bug{237381}
+ \bug{237381}: \dev{dberkholz} already started working on this.
\end{itemize}
-Bugs remaining:
+Bugs remaining, to be handled in a future meeting:
\begin{itemize}
\item
\bug{234711}