summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to 'decisions')
-rw-r--r--decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui29
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.bug2
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.bux4
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.deg2
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mld6
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlf4
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mls4
-rw-r--r--decisions/decisions.mlt4
-rw-r--r--decisions/summary-20100726.tex66
9 files changed, 68 insertions, 53 deletions
diff --git a/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui b/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui
index f85509b..15a0bbc 100644
--- a/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui
+++ b/decisions/.kile/decisions.kilepr.gui
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
kile_livePreviewEnabled=false
kile_livePreviewStatusUserSpecified=true
kile_livePreviewTool=LivePreview-PDFLaTeX
-lastDocument=summary-20100714.tex
+lastDocument=summary-20100726.tex
[document-settings,item:decisions.bux]
Bookmarks=
@@ -538,8 +538,10 @@ Mode Set By User=false
Bookmarks=
Encoding=UTF-8
Highlighting=LaTeX
+Highlighting Set By User=false
Indentation Mode=
Mode=LaTeX
+Mode Set By User=false
[document-settings,item:summary-20100809.tex]
Bookmarks=
@@ -1187,11 +1189,11 @@ open=true
order=1
[item:decisions.ded]
-open=true
+open=false
order=2
[item:decisions.gld]
-open=true
+open=false
order=4
[item:decisions.tex]
@@ -1199,7 +1201,7 @@ open=true
order=0
[item:documents.tex]
-open=true
+open=false
order=3
[item:summary-20050915.tex]
@@ -1475,12 +1477,12 @@ open=false
order=-1
[item:summary-20100714.tex]
-open=true
+open=false
order=5
[item:summary-20100726.tex]
-open=false
-order=-1
+open=true
+order=2
[item:summary-20100809.tex]
open=false
@@ -1847,11 +1849,11 @@ open=false
order=5
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.bux]
-CursorColumn=15
-CursorLine=49
+CursorColumn=59
+CursorLine=51
JumpList=
TextFolding=[]
-ViMarks=.,49,14,[,48,0,],49,14
+ViMarks=.,51,58,[,51,43,],51,58
[view-settings,view=0,item:decisions.ded]
CursorColumn=14
@@ -2297,10 +2299,11 @@ TextFolding=[]
ViMarks=.,59,21,[,58,143,],59,21
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20100726.tex]
-CursorColumn=0
-CursorLine=0
+CursorColumn=56
+CursorLine=72
JumpList=
-ViMarks=
+TextFolding=[]
+ViMarks=.,72,55,[,72,55,],72,55
[view-settings,view=0,item:summary-20100809.tex]
CursorColumn=0
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.bug b/decisions/decisions.bug
index 68c32e3..fbfb28f 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.bug
+++ b/decisions/decisions.bug
@@ -36,7 +36,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{237381}}{Document appeals process\index{council!appeal process}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{239560}}{sys-apps/portage {\textlangle}2.1.4.5 Insecure search path for python -c in ebuilds (CVE-2008-4394)\index{package!sys-apps/portage}\index{GLSA!200810-02}\index{CVE!2008-4394}\index{ebuild!working directory}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{250077}}{prepalldocs should be documented in PMS\index{prepalldocs}\index{PMS}}{}%
-\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{256451}}{Council meeting notes appear to be missing}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{256451}}{Council meeting notes appear to be missing\index{council!meeting!missing log}\index{council!meeting!missing summary}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{256453}}{Documentation on Gentoo Council meeting processes, particularly regarding agenda items\index{council!meeting!process}\index{council!meeting!agenda}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{263565}}{[Future EAPI] newins et al. should accept {\textacutedbl}-{\textacutedbl} for standard input}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{264130}}{PMS should require that file mtimes are preserved on merge}{}%
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.bux b/decisions/decisions.bux
index 2da84d2..9414af8 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.bux
+++ b/decisions/decisions.bux
@@ -48,6 +48,8 @@ council!appeal process
package!sys-apps/portage;GLSA!200810-02;CVE!2008-4394;ebuild!working directory
250077
prepalldocs;PMS
+256451
+council!meeting!missing log;council!meeting!missing summary
256453
council!meeting!process;council!meeting!agenda
273620
@@ -123,4 +125,4 @@ CVS headers;\$Id\$;\$Header\$;git!keyword expansion
611376
github!ToS
616206
-EAPI!6 \ No newline at end of file
+EAPI!6
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.deg b/decisions/decisions.deg
index 945b2ca..a689287 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.deg
+++ b/decisions/decisions.deg
@@ -68,6 +68,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{chainsaw}}{Tony Vroon}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{halyc0n}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{wired}}{Alex Alexander}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{ferrinb}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{k_f}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{dilfridge}}{Andreas K. Hüttel}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{pinkbyte}}{Sergey Popov}{}%
@@ -143,6 +144,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{chainsaw}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{halyc0n}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{wired}}{}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{ferrinb}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{k_f}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{dilfridge}}{}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{pinkbyte}}{https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Pinkbyte}{}%
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mld b/decisions/decisions.mld
index b4079a0..937428d 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mld
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mld
@@ -53,6 +53,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46}}{{Kristian Fiskerstrand}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db}}{{Ben de Groot}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d9fcb369819a1a2d35e5f902e2c303}}{{Ulrich Mueller}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}}{{Alex Alexander}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b}}{{Torsten Veller}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}}{{Fabian Groffen}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36e31e8ccd47b158d171dbc7661e324e}}{{Donnie Berkholz}}{}%
@@ -98,6 +99,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{60481da5b44b778ca5c4405da28f61c7}}{{Michał Górny}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{6196880b1c05412836850b2476aacdc1}}{{Kumba}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b}}{{Donnie Berkholz}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7}}{{Alex Alexander}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23}}{{Fabian Groffen}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42}}{{Michał Górny}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{640e23bb90845980174c8b5f487df592}}{{Thierry Carrez}}{}%
@@ -320,6 +322,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46}}{{Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Items for Council Agenda, June 11}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db}}{{Re: Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d9fcb369819a1a2d35e5f902e2c303}}{{Council meeting agenda for 19 Apr 2010}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}}{{Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b}}{{Gentoo Council 2010\&\#x2F;2011 - Nominations are now open}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}}{{[gentoo-project] Re: ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36e31e8ccd47b158d171dbc7661e324e}}{{Gentoo Council Reminder for July 24}}{}%
@@ -365,6 +368,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{60481da5b44b778ca5c4405da28f61c7}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{6196880b1c05412836850b2476aacdc1}}{{Re: Of Mips and Devs [Was: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January]}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b}}{{Re: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for September}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7}}{{Council Agenda proposal for upcoming 2010-07-26 meeting}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23}}{{Re: Gentoo Prefix: on EPREFIX, ED and EROOT inside ebuilds}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42}}{{Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-01-10}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{640e23bb90845980174c8b5f487df592}}{{Agenda for Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900UTC}}{}%
@@ -587,6 +591,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{311aa9019263ee4e4ef68300ce3e4a46}}{{Wed, 31 May 2017 14:45:54}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d62c8526814c29a1d166a82ec889db}}{{Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:45:49}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{31d9fcb369819a1a2d35e5f902e2c303}}{{Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:39:47}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}}{{Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:05:00}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b}}{{Sat, 05 Jun 2010 00:01:01}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f}}{{Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:17:05}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{36e31e8ccd47b158d171dbc7661e324e}}{{Tue, 22 Jul 2008 00:13:52}}{}%
@@ -632,6 +637,7 @@
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{60481da5b44b778ca5c4405da28f61c7}}{{Mon, 31 Oct 2016 07:32:03}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{6196880b1c05412836850b2476aacdc1}}{{Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:07:00}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b}}{{Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:39:08}}{}%
+\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7}}{{Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:55:52}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23}}{{Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:44:16}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42}}{{Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:45:47}}{}%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{640e23bb90845980174c8b5f487df592}}{{Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:08:10}}{}%
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlf b/decisions/decisions.mlf
index 514f0f2..d12792c 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlf
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlf
@@ -108,6 +108,8 @@ Ben de Groot
Ulrich Mueller
3364f83c94ec660c5f8556ea05a7659c:gentoo-dev
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
+33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47:gentoo-council
+Alex Alexander
36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b:gentoo-dev
Torsten Veller
3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
@@ -200,6 +202,8 @@ Michał Górny
Kumba
619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b:gentoo-dev
Donnie Berkholz
+620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7:gentoo-council
+Alex Alexander
62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23:gentoo-dev
Fabian Groffen
637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42:gentoo-project
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mls b/decisions/decisions.mls
index 45d91fc..7b646c1 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mls
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mls
@@ -108,6 +108,8 @@ Re: Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
Council meeting agenda for 19 Apr 2010
3364f83c94ec660c5f8556ea05a7659c:gentoo-dev
Election for the Gentoo Council empty seat results (council200912)
+33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47:gentoo-council
+Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b:gentoo-dev
Gentoo Council 2010/2011 - Nominations are now open
3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
@@ -200,6 +202,8 @@ Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
Re: Of Mips and Devs [Was: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January]
619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b:gentoo-dev
Re: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for September
+620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7:gentoo-council
+Council Agenda proposal for upcoming 2010-07-26 meeting
62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23:gentoo-dev
Re: Gentoo Prefix: on EPREFIX, ED and EROOT inside ebuilds
637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42:gentoo-project
diff --git a/decisions/decisions.mlt b/decisions/decisions.mlt
index 7eaacc8..114fd7a 100644
--- a/decisions/decisions.mlt
+++ b/decisions/decisions.mlt
@@ -108,6 +108,8 @@ Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:45:49
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:39:47
3364f83c94ec660c5f8556ea05a7659c:gentoo-dev
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:42:12
+33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47:gentoo-council
+Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:05:00
36194ace30bbfd8ce2249a3e2a1ba60b:gentoo-dev
Sat, 05 Jun 2010 00:01:01
3675d8a397ee2b5b3088df42e3352b6f:gentoo-project
@@ -200,6 +202,8 @@ Mon, 31 Oct 2016 07:32:03
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:07:00
619e8ac19efadb77a5c24add7a7b529b:gentoo-dev
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:39:08
+620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7:gentoo-council
+Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:55:52
62b5df924d6e9e74c94149e7e7f17d23:gentoo-dev
Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:44:16
637270936c9f07e3bd2f10ee45264a42:gentoo-project
diff --git a/decisions/summary-20100726.tex b/decisions/summary-20100726.tex
index 155d978..e51cd39 100644
--- a/decisions/summary-20100726.tex
+++ b/decisions/summary-20100726.tex
@@ -1,90 +1,80 @@
\summary{2010}{7}{26}
+Agenda call: \agoref{gentoo-council}{33a301b55a124441d4a2b02055287b47}
-\agendaitem{add --as-needed to default profile's LDFLAGS}
+Agenda announcement: \agoref{gentoo-council}{620cb09e78b4e7d9997c45eb204f7fd7}
+
+\agendaitem{Adding --as-needed to the default profile LDFLAGS}
\index{as-needed}\index{--as-needed}\index{LDFLAGS}
-passed by unanimous vote;
- scarabeus will create a news item,
- ssuominen already pushed the actual change :D
+A motion to add --as-needed to the default profile LDFLAGS was passed by
+unanimous vote. \dev{scarabeus} will create a news item, \dev{ssuominen} already pushed the actual change.
\agendaitem{REQUIRED_USE}
-\index{REQUIRED_USE}
+\index{REQUIRED_USE}\index{EAPI!4}
-Reference: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html (dead link)
+Reference: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html (dead link, see
+\ref{2010-05-feringb-requireduse} for the text)
-Accepted by all members
+REQUIRED_USE was approved provisionally for EAPI 4 by all council members.
-\agendaitem{Review eclass removal policy}
+\agendaitem{Eclass removal policy}
\index{eclasses!removal}
-Should it be 2 years since portage 2.1.4.4 went stable?
-
-$\longrightarrow$ all members agreed on removing the 2
-year policy
+Should an eclass still have to remain for 2 years in the tree after the last consumer was removed? Portage 2.1.4.4 went stable in the meantime, which saves the environment of an ebuild and thus also the eclass code.
-$\longrightarrow$ QA will write a devmanual patch with a
-30+ minimum lastrite period for eclass removals
+All members agreed on removing the 2 year policy. QA will write a devmanual patch with a 30+ days minimum lastrite period for eclass removals
\agendaitem{Should there a policy about eclass API changes?}
\index{eclasses!api changes}
-$\longrightarrow$ we didn't reach a decision here, talk will
-continue in the mailing lists
+No decision was reached; discussions will continue on the mailing lists
\agendaitem{Use of invalid DEPEND atom "EAPI_TOO_OLD" instead of calling die in
global scope on eclasses}
-\index{EAPI_TOO_OLD}\index{die!in global scope}\index{PMS}
+\index{EAPI_TOO_OLD}\index{die!in global scope}\index{PMS}\index{eclasses}
Reference: \agoref{gentoo-dev}{dee3aab5e8c840ed3fa4add9c7d74b97} and
replies
-The council opted for calling die
-instead of using the invalid DEPEND and required
-a patch to devmanual and PMS (ferring will do the devmanual patch)
+The council voted for calling die in global scope, instead of using an invalid DEPEND. \dev{ferrinb} will prepare a patch for the devmanual; PMS will also be adapted.
-\agendaitem{Mailing lists}
+\agendaitem{Mailing list for the council agenda}
\index{mailing list!gentoo-council}
\index{mailing list!gentoo-dev}
\index{mailing list!gentoo-project}
\index{council!meeting!agenda}
-Should we post council agenda to -council? -dev? -project?
-
-Some devs suggest we should cross-post to -dev and -council
-but not everyone likes cross-posting as it can lead to fragmentation.
-Petteri suggested punting -council and using -project instead
+Should the council agenda be posted to the -council mailing list, to -dev, or to
+-project?
-$\longrightarrow$ there was a vote on punting -council
-that ended in a 2-2 tie (ferringb had left)
-jmbsvicetto and wired voted against, betelgeuse and scarabeus voted in favor
+Some developers suggested we should cross-post to -dev and -council, but not everyone likes cross-posting as it can lead to fragmentation. \dev{betelgeuse} suggested punting -council and using -project instead.
+A motion to punt -council ended in a 2-2 tie. The discussion will be continued on the mailing lists.
-$\longrightarrow$ discussion will be continued in the
-mailing lists
\agendaitem{Bugs assigned to council@g.o}
\begin{itemize}
\item
- \bug{234706}: ask Halcy0n if he wants to resume work on this
-bug
+ \bug{234706}: \dev{halcy0n} will be asked if he wants to resume work on this
+ bug.
\item
- \bug{256451}: ask ferringb if he still wants to do it
+ \bug{256451}: \dev{ferringb} will be asked if he still wants to do this.
\item
- \bug{256453}: wired will take care of this
+ \bug{256453}: \dev{wired} will take care of this.
\item
- \bug{237381}: jmbsvicetto will take care of this
+ \bug{237381}: \dev{jmbsvicetto} will take care of this.
\end{itemize}
-\agendaitem{Open floor: listen to developers}
+\agendaitem{Open floor}
-$\longrightarrow$ no input...
+No items were brought up.